philip avonds f15 - RC Groups
Sep 17, 2017, 10:51 AM
meister mustang
Discussion

philip avonds f15

hello there ,im wondering if anyone has done a conversion with the avonds kit .. it has no ailerons and i would like some ,also i have the os 91 ramtec ducted fan system that is coming out and being replaced with a behotec j66 from my kangaroo , would love any tips or suggestions that anyone has . i understand there is a turbine conversion kit on the avonds website has anyone used it . im very pleased with this jet so far im repainting it in a military scheme and adding drop tanks and other small scale details . i think its stunning .
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2017, 12:18 PM

Ailerons on Avonds F15

I did exactly what you want to do.
I had a warped set of wings, so I made a new set to get rid of the warp. Have ailerons and flaps using a Wren 160 for power. Rolls much nicer, and the flaps do help with takeoff on a hot summer day (our field is at almost 7000 feet).
Not at all hard to do, just get the hinge lines in the right place and make sure you have adequate wood for the hinges to glue into.

Good luck with it!
Greg
Sep 19, 2017, 05:23 PM
meister mustang
happy to hear it went well chief. just looking into paint and ordering the avonds conversion kit, is that what you used on yours mate?
Sep 25, 2017, 10:50 PM
no conversion kit - but might have been easier ....
Just used past experience no common sense.

Greg
Oct 23, 2017, 05:12 AM
meister mustang
well i spoke to philip avonds about maybe the newer version f15s wings maybe being able to fit,,i thought they had flaps and ailerons but apparently the new kit does not .. he says there not needed but ide like them because its how i fly, ide like some still... now i guess its wings to my builder friend ..to see if they can be altered , one of you guys on here has sent me plans of wings with ailerons added i forgot who has done this but thank you ever so much .. just hope it can be done by my friend . i dont suppose anyone would have a set of wings ...with ailerons and flaps for sale , lol