Sep 17, 2017, 04:12 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Help! Need details for tow release mechanism for both tow plane and glider

Hi guys;

Anyone here who has fabricates tow release mechanism for both tow plane and scale glider?

I am building a Ampley tow plane and 1/4 scale KA-3. I need to fabricates tow release mechanism for both planes. Please help me if you have drawing or details.

Thanks in advance
Edward Po
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2017, 05:56 PM
Let me fly in Green Air

Keep it simple

Edward,
Use a simple loop and pin release on both. Yes you can purchase cam releases for the sailplane and machined releases for the tug but for practicality a simple release is still the most positive.
Sep 18, 2017, 08:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by justhuman
Edward,
Use a simple loop and pin release on both. Yes you can purchase cam releases for the sailplane and machined releases for the tug but for practicality a simple release is still the most positive.
Thanks for the information!
Sep 18, 2017, 11:44 AM
Soaring with ease!
Heres a good page for a tow release.

It's in German but can be translated in google translate.

http://www.f-schleppontour.de/html/schleppkupplung.html
Sep 20, 2017, 07:26 AM
Hi scale soaring has some articles on both. There are several articles on current mechanisms.

https://scalesoaring.co.uk/VINTAGE/H...ingRelease.htm
Sep 25, 2017, 09:58 PM
Here you go. Nothing really to be said.

Quick Reply