A-4 Skyhawk 80mm EDF Jet by Freewing - Page 8 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Herb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 04, 2018, 11:29 AM
Lithium Member
Ralph Schneider decal sets for the A-4 Skyhawk :

https://www.tailormadedecals.com/lng...hawk/?count=48

to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2018, 11:41 AM
Lithium Member
I thought I posted this before, but here is a picture of my wood block nose gear back stop.

It reduces the play in the nose gear strut a bit, which in the long run can cause the steel pin to bend ...

I have been using a similar trick in some other jets over the years, it helps with long struts, the short and stubby ones do fine without it usually.

Jun 02, 2018, 02:12 PM
Lithium Member
After ten months of flying the A-4 the sun, dust grime & salt corrosion have really taken their toll,

Jun 03, 2018, 12:25 PM
Lithium Member
Pictures of the original (here during the Falklands / Malvinas war) show a badly worn & dirty aircraft ... Good quality color photos from that time are few and blurry.

The restored aircraft on the other hand are now in a museum - where they have been repainted and restored to showroom condition ... the latter is often far from the way they looked under operational conditions.

The same applies I am sure to many other jets or generally aircraft (eg Bf-109's or MiG-15 or ...) that showed heavy operational use during certain times vs. that spotless shiny museum display.

Of course which one you like better in a model is entirely a matter of taste !

Jun 09, 2018, 01:45 PM
Lithium Member
It seems that there is a possiblity that in the long run some retract ant-rotation pins might snap ...

Has not happened to me yet even though I do fly from a pretty rough dirt field ... the spring trailing links & large wheels on the mains seem to help.

The nosegear steering was abit loose on mine, the tiller arm moved (in spite of loctite) and so possibly the servo end.

So I added some hysol epoxy here and there to keep things in place for a while, I hate it when you take off and the steering is off

The YEP 150A ESC died as well (for no apparent reason) so it was time for some smoothing out of the duct work, specifically the inside side of the cheesegrater intake foam plug.

Quick Reply