Sep 16, 2017, 11:41 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Discussion

TEX, the Texas Electric eXpo, Thunderbird Field, Fort Worth, TX Oct 21, 2017

TEX, the Texas Electric eXpo, presented by the Fort Worth Thunderbirds at Thunderbird Field, Lake Benbrook, TX: Oct 21, 2017

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come join us for TEX ( the Texas Electric eXpo), one of the very best electric fly ins in Texas! Event location is beautiful Thunderbird Field, next to Mustang Park on the south end of Lake Benbrook. This will be the 6th TEX at our current field.

Thunderbird Field is one of the the top flying sites in AMA District 8. If you have not had a chance to fly here, do not miss out!

Event hours are are 9am to 5pm. All types of electric models are welcome!

Full AMA required, this is an AMA sanctioned event. (our lease prevents the use of a Park Pilot membership...sorry)

We are going for minimal rules and hassle and maximum relaxed fun and lots of flying.

The landing fee is $20.00 and lunch for pilots is included.

Bring your mad money for our excellent raffle.

Also, this year, we are strongly encouraging everyone to bring their surplus and unwanted R/C stuff to TEX for a free Tailgate RC swap met. I will have some there, for sure. (No charge if you just want to sell items)

Sponsors list!

Sponsors:
Roy's Hobby Shop
JT's Hobby shop
and more to come

We are accepting donations for raffle prizes.

We will have lots of awards for the pilots and their models:

We will have a number of nice awards for various types of electric aircraft, including : The Joe Jopling Award for Technical Achievement in Electric Powered Flight.

We have renamed our Technical Achievement award to honor a a club member that passed away recently. Joe Jopling was a great club member and a very innovative modeler and we want to use the award to help people remember him and his contributions to the Fort Worth Thunderbirds and to the R/C hobby. Bring something that you created. It does not ahve to be a model: it can be jsut about anything to do with electric R/C that shows technical innovation and/or excellence.

We are also going to do a Mass Warbird Launch around noon. This is a blast every year and was so much fun we are doing it again, hopefully bigger and better!. My goal this year is to get at least 20-24 electric warbirds up and lapping the field at the same time. All sizes of electric warbirds are welcome, but preference is for ones around the size of the Parkzone warbirds and similar.

We will also be doing electric profile warbird combat over in the heli/parkflyer area throughout the day. I will post details and a link about the requirements in a bit.

web site here:

http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/

I hope to see all the usual suspects there, as well as any interested electric flyer withing driving distance!

This year, I will personally rebate the entry fee to the person traveling the farthest distance to this event, so make sure you check in with me at the event if you have traveled from afar.

The entry to our area of Benbrook lake is off 1187, south of the lake. Turn north at Winscott Plover road, go north to the park gate and then after showing your AMA card, continue north to the first stop sign. Turn left there and the field is on your right, a few hundred yards down the road. Folks coming from east of I-35W have a shorter trip to T-Bird field than before, as you can simply head down I-35W south to 1187 and turn west.

There is controlled access to the park, where our field is located. At the gate, simply show your AMA card to the attendant and tell them you are here for the fly in at the model field.

They will give you a free pass that you tape to your windshield that allows access to the flying field area of the park.

Hope you can make it!

Please check in and tell us what you are bringing to fly!
Last edited by Thomas B; Sep 16, 2017 at 12:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2017, 11:54 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
So, who is coming and what are you bringing to fly?
Latest blog entry: My 2021 event schedule
Oct 16, 2017, 05:35 PM
Lost in the Sky
This Saturday!!!
Oct 18, 2017, 09:05 AM
I'm planning on being there if all goes well.

Quick Reply