This thread is privately moderated by kiwi_craig, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 16, 2017, 02:55 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Thread OP
Build Log

V950 - Hughes 300c scale build pt1

The triblade is getting a new scale body - Schweizer 300c. Based on some old syma canopies, thanks Murray! the fit up was quite straight forward. Allot of trial fits to decide on the drilling points for the lower front canopy pins.

After allot of trying it just wasnt possible to get the canopy to overlap the rear canopy pins and remain with the battery tray tucked into the lower canopy edge. Hot glued on some plastic hex standoffs to tie into the canopys rear mounts, these are needed as the rear section "fuel drum" vibrate badly if not secured.

See my blog for details of the triblade conversion.

Intial test hovers, all good.

Next stage is to add an alloy landing gear setup and some additional rear stays for a better scale appearance and the boom tube covering and correct tail fin.

The yellow is growing on me and I know it will be easy to see flying.
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Sep 17, 2017 at 12:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2017, 09:27 PM
Hey Craig, where did you get the canopy?
Nov 01, 2017, 01:33 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Thread OP
off an old Syma model, buddy in Aus has a box full of them (syma helis)

Quick Reply