Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 15, 2017, 03:45 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Strike 3 from HyperFlight

We are very please to have received our first consignment of Strike 3 1m DLGs. The Strike 2 was IMO the best 1m full house DLG available, and the Strike 3 is a great step forward. The main enhancements are:

- Enclosed aileron horns and linkages (like the Snipe) to reduce drag

- Full Rohacell foam core flying surfaces to further improve the surface finish and longevity of the model.

- New 6.5% thick wing airfoil optimised for small but fast and manoeuvrable 1m aileron DLGs.

- Slip-on nosecone for easier radio installation and access.

- Great new paint designs that look great.

Please visit the HyperFlight Strike 3 page for more info
https://www.hyperflight.co.uk/products.asp?code=STRIKE3

- we will be adding to this over the coming days.

Thanks for your time,

Neil.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2017, 12:25 PM
I could not resist the pictures on hyperflight and I have just ordered a yellow + color from Neil. The only thing I am not fully convinced is the new enclosed aileron linkage, the previous system was so easy to set up at field, but we will see in a few days when it arrives.

Neil, do you happen to have pictures of the fuselage with the wing removed and without the nose cone?

JC
Last edited by jcaguilar; Sep 16, 2017 at 12:34 PM.
Sep 17, 2017, 10:03 AM
Adam
Any pictures available inside the nose cone?

I really like seeing rohacell used. It holds up much better to dents and dings based on my experience with my 1.5m DLGs. I don't think I will buy a DLG without rohacell again. +1
Last edited by xStatiCa; Sep 17, 2017 at 10:09 AM.
Sep 18, 2017, 05:03 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the orders received.

I'll take some photos of the fuse without the nosecone and wing.

Neil.
Sep 19, 2017, 12:11 PM
Thread OP
Here are some photos showing the fuselage, accessories, and cranked aileron horns.

Neil.
Sep 20, 2017, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Stainton
The Strike 2 was IMO the best 1m full house DLG available, and the Strike 3 is a great step forward.
I'm interested to hear how you reached the conclusion. Have seen/flown a hawk?, dart? , go mini etc etc?

They are all a lot cheaper
Sep 20, 2017, 08:15 AM
Doesn't seem that much more expensive than the carbon go mini. Good looking plane.
Sep 20, 2017, 09:54 AM
Subliminal User
Anyone have pics of how the aileron control horns are installed into the wing, and how it attaches to their pushrods for assembly/disassembly?
Sep 20, 2017, 12:55 PM
Iam also very interested in the flight characteristics of the Strike 3!

Thinking about a 1m DLG for a longer time now... first i wanted an Go Mini but the Strike also looks pretty damn nice!

Canīt wait for a build log and first flight impressions!

Cheers Max
Sep 20, 2017, 01:50 PM
Subliminal User
Is the Strike 3 fuse all carbon, or 2.4 friendly with some Kevlar/glass in the nose section?
Sep 21, 2017, 12:35 PM
Thread OP
The fuselage front is black glass. From the RC opening rearwards the fuse is carbon. The nosecone is Kevlar so the fuse IS 2.4GHz friendly

Some flying shots.

Neil.
Last edited by Neil Stainton; Sep 21, 2017 at 01:45 PM. Reason: corrected info
Sep 21, 2017, 12:48 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Stainton
No the fuse is not carbon friendly.
Not carbon...

or not friendly?
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Sep 21, 2017, 01:40 PM
Thread OP
I have corrected my previous post. The fuse front is glass and the nosecone is Kevlar so it is 2.4GHz friendly.

Neil.
Last edited by Neil Stainton; Sep 21, 2017 at 01:47 PM.
Sep 21, 2017, 04:35 PM
What do you say about the flight characteristics? Dynamic or floaty? Lot of workload or easy to fly? Etc. Thanks!
Sep 21, 2017, 09:48 PM
Neil,
Thank for the pictures. I should have mine in Panama hopefully next week ( it is already in Miami).

Did you just glue the servos to the fuselage?

Quick Reply