Motor for Vyger and other big XC ships - RC Groups
Sep 14, 2017, 06:06 PM
Alert

Motor for Vyger and other big XC ships

Hi guys,

I have an Aveox motor that I installed in my Vyger, on 4 cells and a 19/16 prop it pulls about 40amps (1300mah pack). The Vyger is not small or light but that motor system takes it right out of my hand.

I have a spare unit with controller but any new 50amp ish controller works too. Yes its brand new and a simple install too.

I made the firewall out of two laminated together printed circuit boards, cut a hatch into the fuse figuring I need to get in the nose but everything other than the motor sits under the wing. I just made the three motor wires longer.

If you are interested in converting your XC ship to be both winchable and E-launch, contact me at 502 727 9595. $60 plus shipping.

Gordy
Here's video of my Vyger launched off a winch. E-launch, she just slides right out of my hand and up.
Vyger 16' XC RC Sailplane Launching (1 min 9 sec)
Last edited by Gordysoar; Sep 14, 2017 at 06:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2017, 02:51 PM
Gordy,
That is Awesome. It's great to see the ol girl is still flying and now updated with power.
Wonder how the Visalia Fall Fest ALES would be with this bad boy taking off
Sep 15, 2017, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutmi58
Gordy,
That is Awesome. It's great to see the ol girl is still flying and now updated with power.
Wonder how the Visalia Fall Fest ALES would be with this bad boy taking off
An interesting thought. I've considered bringing my electrified SBXC to the Visalia ALES, never done it though. Would need a couple of lanes to land.
Sep 16, 2017, 09:35 AM

ALES IS 4m and under😜

Taking off no problem, but as JT pointed out, landing would get interesting 😀
Gordy
Latest blog entry: Check out my YouTube Channel
Sep 17, 2017, 11:05 PM
Gordy

Can you Box that big bird? She's a beast!!!