HGLRC XJB F428 Tower - AKA All-In-One Stack - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

HGLRC XJB F428 Tower - AKA All-In-One Stack

The HGLRC XJB F428 all in one stack sure has a crazy name, but man is it cool and super nice for micro and mini FPV quads. This unit packs in a flight controller, ESC's and a video transmitter in one neat little compact stack to make life easy.

Splash

Keep It Simple

The HGLRC XJB F428 all in one stack sure has a crazy name, but man is it cool and super nice for micro and mini FPV quads. This unit packs in a flight controller, ESC's and a video transmitter in one neat little compact stack to make life easy. The best part is, that it's only $71 for all that! It gets even better too, the FC is an F3 board with beta flight, OSD and support for telemetry and transponders. The ESC unit is a 4n1 28A BLHeli flashed and handles 2-4S lipos. The vTX board has selectable output from 25/100/250mw and has 72 channels.

These units are all available separately too, but the real magic happens when you bring them together in one lightweight stack. It's good stuff at a great price and it's easy to see why these are becoming so popular.

Check out the HGLRC products at GotHeliRC

Sep 14, 2017, 11:01 PM
That is really nice
Sep 15, 2017, 10:09 PM
DumbThumbsFPV
Got the 428 version with an F4 now on my bench. Thanks GotHeliRC

What I'm really curious about is the camera that is included with this package... would really like to do a review on it If it's as good as a RunCam Swift Micro then this package for US$84.00 is a steal!!

Last edited by Deserteagle; Sep 15, 2017 at 10:15 PM.
Sep 16, 2017, 02:32 AM
DumbThumbsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGLRC Company
That is really nice
I think Jason did a misprint because you don't have the older F328? I only see the newer F4 428
Sep 16, 2017, 07:16 AM
RCG Admin
Fixed. Thanks.
Sep 16, 2017, 07:24 PM
DumbThumbsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Fixed. Thanks.
Thanks Jason.. it's really a cool stack for us builders
Sep 16, 2017, 10:27 PM
more speed and less weigh
i haven't tried the camera yet but i have 3 of the stacks and they are great i real like the vtx it puts out a nice clean signal way better than the VTX03 and draws more than half the current at the same transmit rates.
one with to watch with the VTX is they tend to be a touch under 5v ( mine are 4.8-4.9v ) and that doesn't play nice with your run cam or foxeer micro) i use camera pads on the Fc for my run cam, its fine with a cmos micro cam though
Sep 17, 2017, 03:56 AM
DumbThumbsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarkane
i haven't tried the camera yet but i have 3 of the stacks and they are great i real like the vtx it puts out a nice clean signal way better than the VTX03 and draws more than half the current at the same transmit rates.
one with to watch with the VTX is they tend to be a touch under 5v ( mine are 4.8-4.9v ) and that doesn't play nice with your run cam or foxeer micro) i use camera pads on the Fc for my run cam, its fine with a cmos micro cam though
Good to know. I just started to do a build video and cannot believe how small this is when you see it in the pictures you know it's small but in real life.. Wow. I'm hoping the FC PDB 5 volt will run the Hungry RunCam split.. if not then I have a 5v pololu
Sep 17, 2017, 04:14 AM
more speed and less weigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserteagle
Good to know. I just started to do a build video and cannot believe how small this is when you see it in the pictures you know it's small but in real life.. Wow. I'm hoping the FC PDB 5 volt will run the Hungry RunCam split.. if not then I have a 5v pololu
You can also use the power in ( vbat) pins the VTX uses as well with the run cams as they'll handle vbat. Just measure your FC pads mine are putting out just over 5 so they work great
Sep 25, 2017, 04:19 AM
I've got it and love it
Sep 25, 2017, 12:15 PM
DumbThumbsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesrg1987
I've got it and love it
That GEP Sparrow frame is amazing! Love mine and it sure can take a beating! How much does yours weight using the stack? This is mine
GEPRC Sparrow 139mm Maiden flight (11 min 32 sec)
Oct 11, 2017, 08:43 AM
Whats the full height of the stack with the 3 layers?
Oct 11, 2017, 12:43 PM
DumbThumbsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadB1ker
Whats the full height of the stack with the 3 layers?
Stock with full length standoffs it's around 24mm with some thinking you can get it down to 14ish and you see in this video.
HGLRC Zeus unboxing and introduction (6 min 54 sec)
Dec 04, 2017, 09:34 PM
Mr. Electron
So I'm trying to get one of these working for a friend of mine. Everything seems to be okay but nothing will arm. Board is flashed with betaflight 3.2.2 and in status I'm getting nogyro???? What is that and can it be fixed? This is the first of these stacks I've been asked to work on so I'm not familiar with them but everything else seemed to go according to plan. Any help would be great thanks guys
Yesterday, 04:15 PM

No gyro / accelerometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeValk
So I'm trying to get one of these working for a friend of mine. Everything seems to be okay but nothing will arm. Board is flashed with betaflight 3.2.2 and in status I'm getting nogyro???? What is that and can it be fixed? This is the first of these stacks I've been asked to work on so I'm not familiar with them but everything else seemed to go according to plan. Any help would be great thanks guys
Same here after flashing to latest betaflight. Second FC428 stopped showing gyro and accelerometer after I configured Dshot.
Only connected spektrum dsmx 2048 and the hglrc 28 amp 4in1 esc.

No clue how to solve this, tried reset and flashing latest or original version of betaflight or iNav or Cleanflight all the same issue.
Anyone?