Warbirds over Auburn - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 13, 2017, 02:46 PM
Discussion

Warbirds over Auburn

Afternoon everyone,

I wanted to announce that we will be having our annual warbird event at the Auburn, AL Planesmen RC club on October 28, 2017. We've had this event for several years but are making a change. This year it is open to any warbird of any kind, any power system any size and any era. Got a Spad? Bring it out! F-18? No problem, we'd love to see it. Anything is welcome from any time if it had a military application of some kind at some point. The official event will be Saturday the 28th but the field will be open Thursday and Friday. It is a close cut grass runway about 700 feet long with no obstacles of any kind. We'll be having lunch on Saturday and restaurants are open within 20 minutes of the field pretty much 24/7. This is a college town but there is not a home game that day so hotel rooms won't be a problem. Entry fee is $15 per pilot and naturally AMA is required but that's all. Come on out and fly with us! This is the nicest time of the year around here so it should be a beautiful day. You can contact me here or at 334-444-4097 anytime. We hope to see you here.

Rick H.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2017, 08:49 PM
Looking forward to this one! I'll be bringing my scale military EDFs.

Sean
Oct 11, 2017, 09:21 PM
EDF we are looking forward to you being here. There will be a few other EDFs along with you. It's coming up soon everyone! Just over two weeks. The field is in super shape and we are looking forward to a great turnout. As I said earlier, the official event is on the 28th but the field will be open on Thursday and Friday for anyone who would like to come early. Camping is fine but there are no hookups.

Rick H.
Oct 17, 2017, 09:29 PM
OK guys it's getting closer. The runway is in fantastic shape, the menu has been set and we are looking forward to a good turnout. I've just heard from some fliers in Tuscaloosa that are planning on being here. Charge 'em up and come on out!!

Rick H.
Oct 20, 2017, 11:18 PM
Great news! RC Jetwerx will donate over $150 worth of lipos to raffle off!

Looking forward to this event!

Sean
Last edited by EDFjetpilot; Oct 20, 2017 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Oct 26, 2017, 09:48 PM
I'll be there tomorrow morning!

Sean