A.C. Glenn Team Futaba - RC Groups

A.C. Glenn Team Futaba

A.C. Glenn has been involved with RC most of his life. Join us in congratulating him on becoming a Futaba team member!

Splash

A.C. Glenn

From Hobbico

For new Team Futaba pilot A.C. Glenn, aviation and RC models have always meant more than fun. He credits his father for sparking his interest when he was only five years old. “It was our way of connecting,” A.C. says, “and it turned into a lifelong hobby.” A.C. also counts one of the legendary Tuskegee airmen as a childhood mentor. Now age 28, A.C. has flown RC aircraft for 22 years and participated in competitions for a majority of that time. When not piloting models for pleasure, he has also been involved with their development and use for intelligence and defense contracts. Working remotely from Yuma, Arizona, for the North Eastern Aeronautical Company, A.C. controlled drones in Afghanistan that could detect roadside bombs from 12,000 feet in the air.

A.C. performs at RC flying events and seminars around the world. He’s been a regular in pattern competitions since 1999 and in F3A since 2007. He was a U.S. F3A finalist each year from 2011 to 2016 and F3A Pattern National Champion in 2015. The 30th F3A World Championship arrives in early November — and A.C. looks forward to joining Team Futaba in Argentina and bringing home the gold.

Long before becoming a Team member, A.C. preferred flying with Futaba equipment. Both of his National Championships were won using Futaba systems. His primary transmitter is the Futaba 18SZ, with the BLS171 servo and 7008SB receiver completing his system of choice.

Please join Futaba in welcoming A.C. to the team. Watch for him at events throughout the season! Team Futaba Talent Grows With A.C. Glenn

Sep 13, 2017, 04:06 PM
And You're Not
I remember AC when he was just a tike in Memphis. Glad to see he's not only still flying, but at the top of the heap.
Sep 14, 2017, 12:52 PM
Scott
Congrats, can't wait to see you in action.
Sep 14, 2017, 04:40 PM
Onward and upward.
Sep 15, 2017, 03:54 AM
WJH
WJH
Is Futaba even a serious player anymore in the R/C market? It seems they have priced themselves out of the mainstream...
Sep 15, 2017, 10:57 AM
AMA 537620
Futaba is not any more expensive than the other mainstream brands... the FHSS system is very affordable in fact. Servos from any of the big brands have always been expensive, but people with the money still buy them. Spektrum DX9 is $450 from Horizon... the Futaba 10J is $320 from Tower.
Sep 15, 2017, 01:21 PM
WJH
WJH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat
Futaba is not any more expensive than the other mainstream brands... the FHSS system is very affordable in fact. Servos from any of the big brands have always been expensive, but people with the money still buy them. Spektrum DX9 is $450 from Horizon... the Futaba 10J is $320 from Tower.
That's 3 to 4 times the price of my 16 channel radio
Sep 15, 2017, 03:19 PM
AMA 537620
If you are happy with that radio then more power to you, but I don't like the feel of those Turnigy or FRSky/FlySky radios personally and I don't fly with a single person that flies them on any serious airplane... I wouldn't call those mainstream brands either, I still see Futaba, JR, Spektrum, Hitec all over the place... never been to an event that had any significant number of those cheaper Chinese radios.
Sep 15, 2017, 03:35 PM
WJH
WJH
Quote:
If you are happy with that radio then more power to you, but I don't like the feel of those Turnigy or FRSky/FlySky radios personally and I don't fly with a single person that flies them on any serious airplane... I wouldn't call those mainstream brands either, I still see Futaba, JR, Spektrum, Hitec all over the place... never been to an event that had any significant number of those cheaper Chinese radios.

Funny, I find the Q7 superior to my JR8103 in every way. I think people are just set in their ways.
Sep 15, 2017, 04:17 PM
AMA 537620
Been using Futaba for 25 years and I've never lost a plane from radio problems. I use what keeps working for me. And the plastics on those cheaper radios just don't feel right to me. Maybe we are set in our ways but I also use equipment I can fully trust.
Sep 15, 2017, 04:37 PM
WJH
WJH
Quote:
Been using Futaba for 25 years and I've never lost a plane from radio problems. I use what keeps working for me. And the plastics on those cheaper radios just don't feel right to me. Maybe we are set in our ways but I also use equipment I can fully trust.
Me too! And the plastic feels just fine
Sep 15, 2017, 05:17 PM

Ace Cee

AC, congratulations. This thread is about you. More power to you.
Sep 15, 2017, 05:18 PM
AMA 537620
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashCrash
AC, congratulations. This thread is about you. More power to you.
Yes, Congrats are certainly in order. Not trying to derail it.
Sep 15, 2017, 11:19 PM
WJH
WJH
Congratulations AC!
Sep 17, 2017, 07:17 PM
Well earned A.C. .... Congratulations!