Robart Rechargeable Electric Air Pump - RCGroups Review - RC Groups

Robart Rechargeable Electric Air Pump - RCGroups Review

Pump up those air retracts and anything else around your house! The Robart Rechargable Electric Air Pump makes quick work of air retracts on giant scale aircraft. Let's take a look at this handy device!

Splash

Robart Rechargeable Air pump

Product:Robart Rechargeable Electric Air Pump
Retail price:$59.95
Input voltage:AC to DC Plug = 12V
Input Voltage:DC Power Port =12V
Max Inflation Pressure:150psi.
Operation Temp:68-140 degrees fahrenheit
Size:2.16"(L) x 1.76"(W) x 7.80"(H)
Battery:Rechargeable

The Robart Rechargeable Electric Air Pump is designed to give you a worry free retract filling system that is reliable and easy to transport! With its easy to use design and rechargeable battery, it will become a must have for your flight box!

Let's jump right in with Mean Joe and check it out!

What's in the box

The Robart Rechargeable Electric Air Pump ships with the Air Pump, fill tube, adaptor fitting, 8" of airline, AC charger, DC charger, and velvet storage bag; everything you need to get started filling your retract systems right out of the box. Just charge the unit and it's ready for use!

The one thing I would suggest picking up as an option is the Robart 164E-A accessories pack. This kit includes the inner tube fill w/lock, needle ball adaptor, and bulk tube fill. These add ons will come in handy for all of your air filling needs. Whether you are at the beach or pool needing to fill up rafts and beach balls, or on the road with a low tire, you will be covered.

How it works

Robart has made the 164E Rechargeable Electric Air Pump super simple to use, just connect the unit to your system, select the air pressure you require, and hit the power button. The unit will fill your system up to the air pressure setting you selected and then shut off. It is just that easy!

Performance

Mean Joe tested the unit using the Robart 192 Large Air Tank paired with the Robart 590P-PRS 90 degree pneumatic main. With this set up I was able to fill the large tank 8 times from completely empty to 100psi taking an average of 1 minute to fill each time. During normal use, you will not be completely emptying out your tank between flights. Depending on your system set up, I would guess you would use less than half the air in the tank for each flight. This should give you more than enough air to last all day at the field. In the event that you forget to charge the pump or share your air with other pilots (this will happen once they see it) simply plug the unit into the cigarette lighter on your vehicle, and in about 45 minutes you will be fully recharged and ready to go again!

The one thing I wanted to make sure and point out is that during the operation of the pump unit, the fill tube end can become EXTREMELY HOT! Please make sure you handle it with care. Other than that, I encountered no issues at all and the unit worked flawlessly.

Review Video:

Robart Rechargeable Air Pump - RCGroups Review (2 min 15 sec)

In Closing

If you are in the market for an easy to use, extremely portable air filling system for all your air needs, then look no further than the Robart Rechargeable Electric Air Pump. ~Mean Joe

More Information

For more information on the items used to test this unit, please check out these helpful links.

Robart Rechargeable Electric Air Pump

Robart 164E-A Accessories Pack

Robart Large Air Tank

Robart 590P-PRS 90 Deg. Mains

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Sep 14, 2017 at 10:11 AM..
Nov 02, 2017, 04:03 PM
7 KCAB driver
Mine has quit taking a charge. Has anyone here taken their's apart and if so how does it come apart?