Sep 13, 2017, 09:51 AM
Trader Rating: 12
Thread OP
Question

What to do when seller hasn't logged on?

Hey guys,

Just a question, what would you do if you have paid for an item and the seller hasn't logged on for 3 days on RGGroups and you have no update on your item or whether it has been shipped?

START THE DISCUSSION!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2017, 10:31 AM
Trader Rating: 18
Pelion RC
If the seller gave you a email address to send money to through PayPal try emailing him at that email address. You may want to check his location and make sure he wasn't in the path of the hurricane - He may be unable to log on.
Sep 13, 2017, 10:56 AM
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty0125
If the seller gave you a email address to send money to through PayPal try emailing him at that email address. You may want to check his location and make sure he wasn't in the path of the hurricane - He may be unable to log on.
+1 also could be on vacation, something for work, etc, 3days is not that long to be worried about just yet...

I hope ya paid with PayPal no matter what the situation, and like said before me, if you have an email address, if you don't hear anything by the end of day today, make shoot him an email just touching base....
Kev
Sep 13, 2017, 11:00 AM
Thread OP
Not in hurricane path and the email is a great idea! Thanks guys, has a good trader rating so hopefully all is well
Sep 13, 2017, 06:32 PM
Trader Rating: 32
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Call his workplace !
Having to wait a whole 3 days is too much for most to handle !
Sep 13, 2017, 06:32 PM
Trader Rating: 337
Every Juan Loves Tacos!
Lol! Oh my!

Well, the hounds do need to be fed.
Sep 13, 2017, 06:36 PM
Trader Rating: 32
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Yeah, they're getting a little boney !
Sep 13, 2017, 06:38 PM
Trader Rating: 161
Build a scale plane already!!!
So helpful
Sep 13, 2017, 06:55 PM
Trader Rating: 337
Every Juan Loves Tacos!
So funny.
Sep 13, 2017, 07:12 PM
Trader Rating: 99
I am not in any hurricane alley, and I have been without internet and TV service for 2 days, thanks to AT & T. What little I could do, I did on my phone. Just to say, things happen that are not regional, nor news worthy, but still can hold up business dealings.
Last edited by Stanbur; Sep 13, 2017 at 07:40 PM.
Sep 13, 2017, 07:15 PM
Trader Rating: 18
Pelion RC
I wouldn't worry, you said his trader rating was good and sometimes LIFE happens. Give it a couple more days, you never know what may have happened. If you see where he has logged on to RCG SEVERAL times and not responded then worry. He may have to log on couple times to get caught back up.
Sep 13, 2017, 08:58 PM
G.F. beurling
Radish,

I'm with you about being concerned. That would annoy me a whole lot.

Don't let it bother you if someone here would suggest that some how YOU are the one being unreasonable. Maybe that describes the way that they do business as a seller! I would mind doing business with an irresponsible or thoughtless "numb nuts" who has no consideration or common sense just to drop you a line to let you know he's alive and still keeping his end of the deal. This kind of nonsense is not acceptable on Ebay or Amazon, and I don't know why anyone thinks it should be acceptable here. I'd be filing with PayPal by the 3rd day. I have over 200 sales on Ebay, and 26 sales at a Gun Auction websight and have NEVER experienced a single instance of this.
Sep 13, 2017, 09:23 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Only thing not stated here was what the agreement was. If they say they'll give tracking, then they probably should. Had that happen a few times where they didn't provide it as stated, but still got the stuff quick, no problem. This scenario still does seem to come up often though, where people have no problem contacting the seller...until after they pay them. Personally I don't worry about this too much with a good seller, but anything I ever sold they wanted tracking, and it was posted for them.
Sep 14, 2017, 12:08 AM
Trader Rating: 29
When you are the one doing the waiting, especially if the item is something you need for an ongoing project, three days is an eternity.
Sep 14, 2017, 07:18 AM
Trader Rating: 99
Quote from AntiArf
"Only thing not stated here was what the agreement was. If they say they'll give tracking, then they probably should."

If they said they would, they should, no probably about it. Do what you say. Say what you intend to do. It's all kindergarten ethics.
Last edited by Stanbur; Sep 14, 2017 at 11:30 AM.

Quick Reply