mini vbar/koala standard RX hookup - RC Groups
Sep 13, 2017, 09:50 AM
Discussion

mini vbar/koala standard RX hookup

I thought i just make a new thread....

I'm using tgi 10 radio with regular reciever
I installed vstabi software and drivers connection light is on green
Now.... i have esc connected to RX B port the next step is to calirbate my radio but i cant get ti to work...
How do my reciever even gets power do i need separate battery ?
Also i have a cable that splits into 3 single cables.... how do you hook them up i tried differet options but i get no resposne from radio on the screen.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2017, 11:04 AM
Ok so i pluged ESC into RX channel 3
from RX A i plugged the 3 wire cable on ail/ele/rudder
from RX B i went to channel 6 which shows pitch on my radio
from RX C i went to channel 5 which shows gyro on my radio

Ail Rud Ele an collelctive do respond to radio input on vstabi setup but the throttle and aux/gyro gain don't
when i switch the RX B and C around then i get response from gyro gain when moving the right stick...
but the throttle wont response
Maybe a bit confusing... im talking about the moving bars on the software setup not the actual motor/servos they are disconnected.
Last edited by tolyaba; Sep 13, 2017 at 11:38 AM.
Sep 13, 2017, 12:02 PM
Also i have swash mix set to 50% on each channel this comes from 120 degree swash plate choice on the radio if i set everything to zero then i get zero response.
So when im moving any of the sticks most the other show response as well........ its very confusing
Sep 13, 2017, 12:41 PM
Ok found gyro gain setting on my TX now it gives response ))) Throttle still gives zero reaction
maybe thats normal........
Next i did the subtrims on the TX to center every channel. I tried to get my endpoinds further then 60. After setting my radio endpoint to 120 i only get 70 on the vstabi nowhere near 100.... is this normal ??
Sep 13, 2017, 12:56 PM
Setting swash mix on 100% helped with endpoints... but i still have no idea if thats right ;D
Sep 13, 2017, 02:09 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
You must not use swash mix in the Tx with the Vbar/Kbar, the FBL unit does all the mixing. It's all there in the instructions in the software if you read what it says on the screen. The Tx must be set to have all swash mixing disabled.

The Vbar/Kbar is really easy to setup but you do need to take the time to read the in instructions and follow them methodically. Of course it's a 'man-thing' to not read instructions, i'm guilty as charged on that count!
Sep 13, 2017, 03:34 PM
I've been bussy all day reading and testing and watching youtube.... all are BS and confusing. They were no were near plug the ESC into the RX and not vbar ;S.
Yes i read about the mixes but they could be referring to other types of mixing and curve mixing how should i know????? When i select heli type on my Tx and the standard 120 degree swash it comes with that 50% swash mix. I have set it to zero (because i can read obviously) but then i get no response on the screen. The only way of getting rid of this is by deselecting the variable pitch in the heli model setup on the radio which seems stupid to me.

And the second part is that i try to install this on FLYBAR heli only as a tail gyro which is double more confusing so i guess i still need the swash mixing on my TX settings.........

god help us all
Sep 13, 2017, 04:02 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
It's not suitable for a flyber heli.. Clue is in the title 'flybarless controller'

I think the only way you could get it to work 'sort of' is to use a standard receiver and have the swash servos plugged direct into the receiver and only the tail servo working through the FBL.

If using it as intended for a flybarless heli you dont want 120 deg swash mixing.. you want mixing disabled which depending on brand of Tx will be called 'single servo' or 'normal' or something similar in the swash menu... Like I said, it's all in the instructions in the Vstabi software.
Sep 13, 2017, 04:43 PM
some ppl claiming it is very very possible )
Sep 13, 2017, 04:58 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolyaba
some ppl claiming it is very very possible )
Yes, if you do it like i said: plug swash servos direct to receiver and only use the tail servo channel it should work ok.

Possibly you could use all the FBL channels including swash servo channels and just turn the cyclic gain in the FBL all the way down so you use only the flybar to do all the stabilising? I've not tried it but it might work..... Anyway the point i was making remains; you dont use 120 deg swash mix in the Tx! Swash mixing is handled by the FBL.
Sep 13, 2017, 05:41 PM
my rudder servo doesnt move after disconnecting the cyclic from rx to vbar
ow wait i connected only one channel now from rx A now the tail responds ))
should i set it to lock mode or rate mode ??? whats the difference???
Last edited by tolyaba; Sep 13, 2017 at 05:50 PM.
Sep 14, 2017, 12:59 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
use heading lock mode (more often called 'heading hold') . Heading hold prevents the tail drifting round over time.
Sep 14, 2017, 07:43 PM
some peopel have used vbar/kbar on fb helis with the gain way down or off.
Sep 15, 2017, 02:46 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound
some peopel have used vbar/kbar on fb helis with the gain way down or off.
Yeah, I can see how that 'should' work but I'd not heard of anyone actually doing it. I guess all the Kbar is then doing is working as a CCPM mixer (plus tail gyro of course). Good to know it has been done and it works.
Sep 19, 2017, 09:01 PM
i think soneone also played with skme gain and it kind of self leveled