Beginners advice and options! - RC Groups
Sep 12, 2017, 06:03 PM
Member #1
Discussion

Beginners advice and options!

Hi guys,

I'm after some advice on what would be the best setup for a complete ornithoptor noobie.

Are they hard to fly? (I have a long history of flying all types of aircraft but never a bird)

What models should I look out for and where do I look for them?

Any advice and links to where I can get one will be greatly appreciated. I'm located in Australia.

Cheers,

Alan.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2017, 06:34 PM
Well your best birds are the SK hawks, but nowadays they are rare and pop up every now and then. Hobbyking has the spybird and the pterodactyl. They fly but are must be handled and flown a little more careful. The Avitron is a cool little bird that flies very well. I know there are some sites w SK clones but they can be a bit pricey.
Sep 15, 2017, 09:24 AM
The thunderbird is a good option if you are up for some building with video tutorial you can find on here send Troy a Pm regards Brian

Ps; they are easy or Sam Wei maybe and another Aussie welcome to the forum