Great Planes Giant Big Stik XL 55-61cc - RC Groups

Great Planes Giant Big Stik XL 55-61cc

Sporting an 8 foot wingspan and designed for gas or electric power, the new Great Planes Giant Big Stik XL 55-61cc is a monster aerobatic ARF that's easy to build and fly.

Splash

Add Another Member to the Stik Family

Great Planes crammed three adjectives into the name of their new Stik to accurately describe the size of this beautiful ARF. The Giant Big Stik XL 55-61cc builds on the popular Giant Big Stik and adds in an "XL" into the name, and roughly 16" of additional wingspan to boot! This 8 foot sport aerobatic ARF can be powered with a 55-61cc gasser or an electric setup such as the Rimfire .65 and a pair of 6s 5000mAh in series. The price is set at $499.99 and is scheduled for availability in late October 2017.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Great Planes Giant Big Stik XL 55-61cc.

Here's what Tower Hobbies says about the new Great Planes Giant Big Stik XL 55-61cc: The “Stik” design has been a favorite of sport pilots for years, offered in different sizes with different power options and in kit, ARF and Rx-R versions. Great Planes' Giant Big Stik XL incorporates everything that has made this iconic aircraft so popular, with the stability and high visibility of a 96.5" wingspan and the option of gasoline or electric power. Final assembly is still easy and straightforward, and its flight characteristics make it a joy to fly.

Specs:

• Wingspan: 96.5" (2451mm)
  • Length: 85" (2159mm)
  • Weight: 18 - 21lbs (8165 - 9525g)
  • Wing Area: 2029 sq in (131 sq dm)
  • Wing Loading: 20-24 oz sq-ft (61-73 g sq-dm)

Sep 12, 2017, 05:42 PM
Well Gary we see your picture. I know your an electric guy so I'm hoping you don't tell me you didn't fly it. A friend just finished building a 160 size for me and we put a DLE 40t on it. It's a dream to fly. I want to know more about this one!

Jay
Sep 13, 2017, 07:35 PM
Dinosaur
Good idea but why can't they offer a 'Stick' is anything other than the same tired, overused color scheme? Tower should get a clue and have these ARFs made in a ready-to-cover option? Red with Maltese Crosses. How many times have I seen it? Too many.

Tom
Sep 13, 2017, 08:35 PM
Why? Because it looks awesome!
Sep 20, 2017, 02:40 PM
Product Manager at Hobbico
yes Fenton, I've flown it. That picture was taken the day we shot the product video for the tower website, and the first time I'd touched the sticks. DLE55 was on the nose. I couldn't wait to fly it again at NEAT with the rimfire on the nose. I must have liked it because I put 22 flights on it in 4 days at NEAT Dan and I took over 2 dozen planes there to fly and show and I flew the stik more than anything else. I'd love to have one myself but I have too many aircraft already and many in the queu to build or assemble in my workshop.
Latest blog entry: blog
Sep 20, 2017, 04:08 PM
Gary, that's a tuff problem to have
Sep 20, 2017, 04:42 PM
Thanks Gary. Appreciate the insight. I'm probably in a similar spot and need to learn to enjoy what I have. Been having a blast with the 160 size and the DLE 40 on the nose. I suppose I will stick with that for a while. But I'll be watching!