Oversky Atlas 450 Micro FPV Wing - RC Groups

Oversky Atlas 450 Micro FPV Wing

If you've been wanting a fun indoor/outdoor micro FPV wing for under $100, then the Oversky Atlas 450 is worth a look. This micro FPV wing can fly for up to 20 minutes on a single 2S 600mAH lipo.

Splash

$99 Micro BNF FPV Wing!

If you've been wanting a fun indoor/outdoor micro FPV wing for under $100, then the Oversky Atlas 450 is worth a look. This micro FPV wing can fly for up to 20 minutes on a single 2S 600mAH lipo. It comes with everything but a battery and that includes the power system and onboard FPV components. You can choose a receiver option that is compatible with your radio system so it really doesn't get any easier. The wingspan is only 17.7" and the Atlas weighs in at around 67g with a battery.

The Atlas 450 electronics consist of an 1103 6400kv brushless motor, 3A ESC, and 2 servos. The camera is a 600TVL 120 degree FOV CMOS version and get this, the video transmitter is 25/150mw selectable 40 channel 5.8Ghz. The main board is an all in one unit that controls everything and also features a flight stabilization system. It's in stock right now and available at Oversky.

Check out the Atlas 450 Micro FPV Wing here

Specifications

• Rx Compatibility Options: DSMX/DSM2, DEVO, Futaba-SFHSS, FrSky-D8, FlySky-AFHDS(2A), Hubsan
  • Wing span: 450mm (17.7")
  • Length: 230mm (9")
  • Flying Weight: 67g
  • Flight Time: Up to 20 minutes

Sep 12, 2017, 12:43 PM
Wandering IT geek
Hmmm... Interesting. Might just add one to my collection.
Sep 12, 2017, 01:55 PM
I don't think he had any fun flying that little wing.
Sep 18, 2017, 02:27 AM
Quad Questions Team member
Mines on its way
Sep 21, 2017, 11:06 AM
RCG Admin
Let us know what you think when you get it
Sep 21, 2017, 06:09 PM
Wandering IT geek
It's pretty nifty. So many choices for little wings coming on the market. Hard to choose which one to buy...
Sep 24, 2017, 10:51 AM
Well slight dissapointment so far as the latest update on the tracking is the 17th for electronic info received. I emailed customer support via oversky and still have yet to receive a response. I selected the basic shipping method so it theoretically has 30 days to get here, i dont prefer but understand the banggood style service. I was just looking for better service than this. I will keep this updated with the latest.
Sep 26, 2017, 06:42 PM
So replacing the electronics has been a big failure. With 10g more weight it became extremely squirly at every cg I tried. I think the only upgrade should be a better camera that has a voltage readout such as the micro Swift v2.
Oct 10, 2017, 03:01 PM
I received my atlas 450 today and only one word comes to mind. Wow, no i dont say this is amazement, nor do i say this in satisfaction, no i say this in disbelief of the lack of care or customer service with this product, and in relation to the seller Overskyrc.com. below are the pictures of how my package arrived and the condition of the wing. It was horribly packed with just 2 half inch pieces of foam and the thin packing foam wrap found in ikea fruniture. Because of the packing used the poor wing stood no chance against the rigors of international shipping. I will advise any and all to forgo this purchase from oversky until i receive a response on this matter.
Oct 10, 2017, 03:39 PM
Thankfully this is made of epo foam and this isnt my first rodeo, here she is after 15 mins of steaming and gentle Persuasion
Oct 12, 2017, 07:30 AM
Yeah mine arrived mangled too. Not as badly damaged as yours but totally worthless packaging for such a delicate machine.

Looks pretty cool though.

It says C of G back 75mm from front. My smallest battery (450mah) takes that way further back. I don't want to add nose weight! Elmtree any advice as to C of G?
Oct 12, 2017, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clcoles
Yeah mine arrived mangled too. Not as badly damaged as yours but totally worthless packaging for such a delicate machine.
This doesn’t look very promising, mine will arrive soon and hope this is not the case.
Oct 13, 2017, 12:53 PM
First flight report,
The atlas 450 flew well with a dinogy 300mah 2 cell pushed all the way forward and uptrim added for reflex. I found the recomended rates of 65% per the manual to be to low and bumped them to 95%. The stabilization system works ok and the atlas doesent mind it being off or on. I have a twitch that i am currently working on chasing down that i believe may be caused by the included dsmx satellite reciever. I hope to fix the issue with replacing the RX with a spectrum brand satellite. I like the airframe overall but i will be looking to add carbon rod to the airframe to increase the ridgidity as im not a big fan of the hatch being structually involved. All in all i give the airframe a 8/10 with the electronics coming in the same region at 7/10 due to the twitch. I think this is a cool airplane for the cost and i do like the design more than other similar offerings but it does have some room to improve. More reports to come.
Oct 13, 2017, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggair
First flight report,
The atlas 450 flew well with a dinogy 300mah 2 cell pushed all the way forward and uptrim added for reflex. I found the recomended rates of 65% per the manual to be to low and bumped them to 95%. The stabilization system works ok and the atlas doesent mind it being off or on. I have a twitch that i am currently working on chasing down that i believe may be caused by the included dsmx satellite reciever. I hope to fix the issue with replacing the RX with a spectrum brand satellite. I like the airframe overall but i will be looking to add carbon rod to the airframe to increase the ridgidity as im not a big fan of the hatch being structually involved. All in all i give the airframe a 8/10 with the electronics coming in the same region at 7/10 due to the twitch. I think this is a cool airplane for the cost and i do like the design more than other similar offerings but it does have some room to improve. More reports to come.

How is the video?
Oct 15, 2017, 08:58 PM
Hey Kelloggair,

Could you take that C of G measurement from the nose and post it please, I am way off the suggested 75mm and even with the 300mah battery would be further back. - thanks man!