Sep 12, 2017, 09:36 AM
Shining a light on the hobby.
Thread OP

Hyperion G7 HVLI and SV Lipo Batteries

!The Hyperion G7 HvLi Silicone-Graphene Pack and The Hyperion G7 SV (Standard voltage) 4.2V Silicone-Graphene Pack

!!From Hyperion

Hyperion unleashes a new-era of potential for RC applications with the release of their new battery, the Hyperion G7 HV (High Voltage) & G7 SV (Standard Voltage) Silicone-Graphene Packs, which performs at a whole new level. After more than two years of research the technology of the future is here.

Hyperion G7 HV Silicone-Graphene battery 4.35V The new Hyperion G7 Si-Graphene HvLi is intended for serious RC applications that require extreme flying conditions that need the high voltage maintained along with high discharge rates, for example highly aerobatic 3D airplanes, FPV drone racing, 3D helicopters, also Robotics and DIY project applications! Silicon combined with Graphene makes for a superior electrode compared to standard LiPo batteries and helps to preserve the Anode from corrosion during use, thus preserving the Anode when operating at typical High-Voltage settings of 4.35V or more. Hyperion’s proprietary Si-Graphene chemistry ensures that your G7 pack will have higher-capacity, lower internal resistance, and longer cycle life than any other-brand LiPo currently available on the market. The G7 pack combines quality Graphene substrate with a Silicon metalloid to produce a Lithium battery that is uncompromised in performance and reliability and less prone to puffing than standard Silicon-only LiPo packs.

The G7 HVLi packs improved energy density offer more capacity per weight compared to standard LiPo packs. The G7 2200mAh HV is about the same size and weight as a standard-voltage 2000mAh pack of same C-rate, but delivers about 10% more flight time. The benefit of operating at High-

Voltage (4.35V) is an increase of about 10~15% energy-density when compared to traditional 4.2V LiPo Batteries of the same size-and- weight.

DutchRC - Hyperion LiHV G7 Graphene Lipo's - The Power you were looking for? (22 min 10 sec)

!Features:
  • Proprietary Si-Graphene formula increases discharge rate and cycle-
  • life
  • 10~15% More Capacity than standard LiPo Batteries
  • Stable High-voltage formula, less prone to puffing
  • Low internal resistance, cooler running batteries
  • High discharge rate, ability to provide current under-load
  • Fast charging up to 5C~6C rate
  • Compatible with both 4.2V and 4.35V chargers
  • Capable of 500+ Cycle-life
  • Available in 60C, 75C & 90C discharge rate
  • Lighter in weight compared to traditional Lipos of same capacity
  • Also available in Hard case pack for special car racing application

Below Graphs show a good comparison between a G7 4S HvLi and G7 SV of same voltage/capacity ie.4S/1800mAh Lipo. The performance of the G7 HvLi can be clearly seen owing to its high energy density and light weight factor.

!Hyperion G7 SV Silicone-Graphene battery 4.2V

The Hyperion G7 SV Silicone-Graphene Pack performs at a whole new level. Now say Goodbye to traditional Lipos and take advantage of the technology of the future.

@10366049

The Hyperion G7 SV Si-Graphene pack is intended for use with all your normal RC applications and is a good replacement over traditional Lithium polymer batteries. The G7 SV have a standard nominal voltage of 3.7v and max charge voltage of 4.2v per cell making them perfect for Rc applications
that require normal to advance flying conditions that need the voltage maintained along with high discharge rates, for example highly aerobatic 3D airplanes, FPV drone racing, 3D helicopters, also Robotics and DIY project applications. The G7 SV can fully meet and satisfy power hungry applications
with ease!

Silicon combined with Graphene makes for a superior electrode compared to standard LiPo batteries and helps to preserve the Anode from corrosion
during discharging, thus increasing the batteries longevity and cycle-life. Hyperion’s proprietary Si-Graphene chemistry ensures that your G7 pack will have improved energy density, higher-discharge rate, lower internal resistance, and longer cycle life than any other-brand LiPo currently on the market. The G7 SV combines quality Silicone-Graphene additive that is uncompromised in performance and reliability and has been shown to be less prone to puffing than standard LiPo packs.

!Features:
  • Proprietary Si-Graphene formula increases discharge rate and cycle-
  • life
  • Stable formula, less prone to puffing
  • Low internal resistance, cooler running batteries
  • Improved energy density
  • High discharge rate, ability to provide current under-load
  • Fast charging up to 5C~6C rate
  • Compatible with standard 4.2V chargers
  • Capable of 500+ Cycle-life
  • Nominal voltage of 3.7V
  • Available In 50C & 70C max discharge rates

The G7 SV Si-Graphene packs are an excellent upgrade over traditional Lipo packs and offer more advantages in terms of performance, reliability and longevity.

Always follow the “Break-in procedure” to “maximize” Lipo performance when you purchase new batteries. Please read our “Guide to Lithium Polymer batteries” article for a complete detail explanation on Lithium battery care and maintenance.

!Learn More at Hyperion!!

to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2017, 11:53 AM
Wondering if these silicone-graphene lipos are inherently more safe than the standard lipos, especially in regards to fire risks? And if they are, how much more safe are they?
Sep 19, 2017, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oducks View Post
Wondering if these silicone-graphene lipos are inherently more safe than the standard lipos, especially in regards to fire risks? And if they are, how much more safe are they?
Hi Oducks,

The Silicon-Graphene chemistry is inherently more stable during use and when storing (because it preserves the Anod), so the chance of puffing and cell degradation will decrease. Though, if you were to puncture the cells and expose them to oxygen then the outcome will be the same as to any standard-LiPo.

By the way, we're offering a 10% off coupon on our Hyperion G7 products for people who want to try them out, just insert this coupon code during checkout: hyperion10

www.Hyperion-World.com
Sep 19, 2017, 04:00 PM

c rating

Why do you promote the burst C rating when the norm with most other manufactures promote a continuous C rating? I'm looking for a continuous 60C pack and you almost slid me into a 30C continuous 60C burst pack.
Sep 19, 2017, 04:12 PM
Suspended Account
who makes Hyperion graphene batteries ? if they are not OEM why would you want to pay more for the same product ?
Sep 19, 2017, 04:18 PM
Hyperion G7 Silicon-Graphene chemistry is a proprietary formula that you will find only from us. Our engineers work with suppliers to produce a exclusive technology.
Sep 19, 2017, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserdude View Post
Why do you promote the burst C rating when the norm with most other manufactures promote a continuous C rating? I'm looking for a continuous 60C pack and you almost slid me into a 30C continuous 60C burst pack.
Other brand batteries have over-rated C rate's, for example some companies are advertising 80~100C+ Discharge rate, but if you do discharge at 80~100C+ rate you can only get approx. 200~300mah max. capacity delivery from a 2200mah cell.

We advertise our packs with "Cmax" rating. "Cmax" = Continuous C-Rate for 100% rated capacity delivery is 1/2 C-Max rate. So, if a Hyperion 2200mah battery is "60Cmax", that means when you discharge that battery continuously at 30C (half of 60Cmax) you will get a full 2200mah output power delivered. With "60Cmax" you may still burst at 60C for short periods of time, but if you pull 30C continuously you will get 100% mah capacity delivery.

We believe "Cmax" is a fair and scientific way to calculate C rating, rather than following and making up some fictitious C-rate numbers like other suppliers.
Last edited by HyperionRocks; Sep 19, 2017 at 04:51 PM.
Sep 19, 2017, 05:15 PM
do you have them in 6s 5000 ma ?
Sep 19, 2017, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9 View Post
do you have them in 6s 5000 ma ?

This article has a great list of G7 HV (High-Voltage) Si-Graphene batteries, at the bottom you can easily sort and find the discharge rate and mah size battery you want:
https://hyperion-world.com/hyperion-g7-hvli-article

And, This article has a list of G7 SV (Standard-Voltage) Si-Graphene batteries, at the bottom you can also find the discharge rate and size battery:
https://hyperion-world.com/hyperion-g7-sv-article
Sep 20, 2017, 10:14 AM
So these are the packs I found for typical miniquad applications, but its rare to see Hyperion sponsored racers and even rare to find people's feedback from using these packs over the long and short term.

https://hyperion-world.com/en/g7-4s-...ne-70cmax-4-2v

https://hyperion-world.com/en/p2753533-hp-g790c1400s4

We @ WrecklessRotorsports.com are always looking for the next new thing and that includes batteries for price AND performance. We have run Tattu RLines hard and are now trying the "Who Cares" line.
Last edited by RyanFromYEG; Sep 20, 2017 at 10:20 AM.
Sep 20, 2017, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionRocks View Post
Other brand batteries have over-rated C rate's, for example some companies are advertising 80~100C+ Discharge rate, but if you do discharge at 80~100C+ rate you can only get approx. 200~300mah max. capacity delivery from a 2200mah cell.

We advertise our packs with "Cmax" rating. "Cmax" = Continuous C-Rate for 100% rated capacity delivery is 1/2 C-Max rate. So, if a Hyperion 2200mah battery is "60Cmax", that means when you discharge that battery continuously at 30C (half of 60Cmax) you will get a full 2200mah output power delivered. With "60Cmax" you may still burst at 60C for short periods of time, but if you pull 30C continuously you will get 100% mah capacity delivery.

We believe "Cmax" is a fair and scientific way to calculate C rating, rather than following and making up some fictitious C-rate numbers like other suppliers.
Some manufactures over rate and some don't but just as you they all say they are true. Without buying a battery and running test how is one to really know. That's still no reason for you to promote your burst rating. That is out of sync with the industry and makes me wonder about your ratings. Like I said earlier you almost slid me into a 30C continuous rated battery and neither me nor my edf would have been happy.
Sep 20, 2017, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFromYEG View Post
So these are the packs I found for typical miniquad applications, but its rare to see Hyperion sponsored racers and even rare to find people's feedback from using these packs over the long and short term.

https://hyperion-world.com/en/g7-4s-...ne-70cmax-4-2v

https://hyperion-world.com/en/p2753533-hp-g790c1400s4

We @ WrecklessRotorsports.com are always looking for the next new thing and that includes batteries for price AND performance. We have run Tattu RLines hard and are now trying the "Who Cares" line.

It does seem to me that the fpv events are dominated by just a few brands, this doesn't mean they have the latest technology, it just means they spend the most (especially when loans/local support on that side of the world is so easy to be had). We've been asked to sponsor large fpv events in the past, but the "buy-in" spot was unguarenteed so we refused to pay.

In the normal RC categories (planes, helis, etc), Hyperion continues to provide quality products, and we're popular.

Regarding fpv racing market, we're still trying to capture a market share at the grass-roots level, we're looking for team pilots that can help promote a unique/quality product. If you know anyone, please have then private message me so I can send them some samples, then they can see for themselves.
Last edited by HyperionRocks; Sep 20, 2017 at 03:47 PM.
Sep 20, 2017, 03:20 PM
@laserdude

DutchRC - Hyperion LiHV G7 Graphene Lipo's - The Power you were looking for? (22 min 10 sec)

"Some manufactures over rate and some don't but just as you they all say they are true. Without buying a battery and running test how is one to really know."

-I'd say over 98% of other suppliers over-rate their packs. You can see from our cycle-life testing video that our HV Si-Graphene packs don't puff and hold capacity retention. It's the only HV cell on the market that can last 100+ cycles, because our Si-Graphene formula preserves the Anode. There's a coupon code "hyperion10" and we ship from the US to incentivize you. Plus we offer a warranty if your packs have any problems. Hyperions been around for over 20 years and we've had hundreds of thousands of happy customers.

"Like I said earlier you almost slid me into a 30C continuous rated battery and neither me nor my edf would have been happy."
-In our descriptions we clearly state what "Cmax" is, and we also write the Continuous and Burst rates in our product descriptions.

"That's still no reason for you to promote your burst rating. That is out of sync with the industry and makes me wonder about your ratings."

-If we advertised our battery packs as 30C or 35C continuous no one would be interested when your competing against people bloating numbers to "100C+" cells. "Cmax" should be the new standard for all companies stating discharge rate, you can't fudge the numbers if 100% capacity deliver (continuous) is 1/2 Cmax. Try to discharge another brands battery at half of their max. C rate, I guarantee you won't get 100% delivered mah capacity.
Last edited by HyperionRocks; Sep 20, 2017 at 03:32 PM.
Sep 20, 2017, 07:59 PM
I’m in the market for some new batteries, as I’ve recently have one of the GensAce batteries I’ve had for about 6 years start to go bad. Looking at Hyperion based on reputation, but am not sure what to get between the SV G5 or SV G7 Graphene. Also, between 50C max and 70C max. I basically fly foam park flyers in the 1100-1500mm range, no crazy 3D stuff, just sport type aerobatics and maybe some mild 3D. I want good cells, but don’t want to pay for power I maybe don’t need.

Also, it looks like Hyperion will ship to Alaska, which is a bonus. Several other retailers won’t ship LiPos to my town. Kind of $$ though for UPS Ground... $30 when I did a test cart!
Sep 20, 2017, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdshort View Post
I’m in the market for some new batteries, as I’ve recently have one of the GensAce batteries I’ve had for about 6 years start to go bad. Looking at Hyperion based on reputation, but am not sure what to get between the SV G5 or SV G7 Graphene. Also, between 50C max and 70C max. I basically fly foam park flyers in the 1100-1500mm range, no crazy 3D stuff, just sport type aerobatics and maybe some mild 3D. I want good cells, but don’t want to pay for power I maybe don’t need.

Also, it looks like Hyperion will ship to Alaska, which is a bonus. Several other retailers won’t ship LiPos to my town. Kind of $$ though for UPS Ground... $30 when I did a test cart!
To be honest G5 would seem to be just okay for your application, you could go with the G7 SV as the Si-graphene packs might give you more cycle-life and longevity, they're just slightly more expensive when compared to G5.

Also, probably anywhere in the 50Cmax~60Cmax range would work for you too. (does your foamies pull more than 30~35amps?)

The way it boils down is this:
G7 HV Si-Graphene= Top of the line, best battery you can get.
G7 SV Si-Graphene= Middle tier, same as G7 HV, but just not high-voltage.
G5 (Standard-Voltage)= High-quality economy packs, shares same technology as our ever-trusty G3 series.

*by the way lucky to live in Alaska, heard it's beautiful, want to go.

Quick Reply