Jan 14, 2018, 12:34 PM
Eagle Butte User
Hi Aaro,

I tried your suggestion and still get jumping around by 0,1- 0,3 on a stable surface. Not sure how others feel, but 0,5- 1,0 would seem to be all that is needed for F3X and most other aircraft fliers. Maybe helicopter fliers need high accuracy to adjust blades.

A potential solution might be to incorporate a screen option in the current app to give the option to select sensitivity (if possible)?

Vic
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2018, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Slope Pilot
Thanks for your reply, Sandor. I have tried the AT Wizard on several F3X gliders and have the same issue with the meter dancing all around. Like you said it must be picking up on vibrations from the digital servos that my eye can't detect.

Is there a chance you can offer two versions of the app? The less sensitive version in 1mm increments and the 0,1mm version?
i dont think we wil go that way . if you dont need the 0.1 resolution just ignore anything behind the 1,-----.
Servos will always vibrate , the at wizard weighs nothing , it even pickup if you have a aircon above it.
we have less then 5% of customers wanting this.
it was originally designed for the Throws at 1mm.
we also sell the Agnle & Throw with display that has a professional MEMS gyro.
the f3D guys use that a lot.
Jan 15, 2018, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaro
Hi,
Isn't that quite easy to test; set the device on stable surface, eg table, and look how the decimals keep jumping around. (I've been designing and prototyping a measurement device with stable 0.1 resolution and accuracy. Achieving that is possible, I've done it, but requires quite a lot of filtering, at least with consumer grade accelometers. 1 degree resolution is possible without any filtering.)
Aaro
I've been working on an angle device as well and having stable readings isn't easy to achieve. At least for me
Jan 15, 2018, 11:46 PM
Eagle Butte User
My AT Wizard now jumps around 3,0 -4,0mm when measuring throws so something seems wrong. It was not doing this with the last version.
Jan 16, 2018, 02:48 AM
Quote:
My AT Wizard now jumps around 3,0 -4,0mm when measuring throws so something seems wrong. It was not doing this with the last version.

i dont think there is any problem with the app , then we added the 0,1 resolution.
will try a few today , but we havent had one complain yet.
Jan 16, 2018, 05:21 AM
Tragic case
Just had a chance to try mine out tonight with the new software. Seems to be working well although I am only doing rough movements just now.
Jan 16, 2018, 07:48 AM
Eagle Butte User
Ok, maybe something is wrong with my unit then. I will try to post a video so you can see what I am describing.
Jan 16, 2018, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Ok, maybe something is wrong with my unit then. I will try to post a video so you can see what I am describing.
put it on a table first and see what happens
Jan 16, 2018, 12:12 PM
Eagle Butte User
Here is a video which shows what I am seeing.

Digitech AT Wizard (0 min 36 sec)
Jan 16, 2018, 01:13 PM
Has an updated ANDROID version with increased accuracy of the AT Wizard app for been released? I have the android version of the AT Wizard and it works OK but with only 1 degree accuracy it is actually less accurate than the simple plywood measuring gauge I have.

John
Jan 17, 2018, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Here is a video which shows what I am seeing.

https://youtu.be/Z1uDnR2fnFk

at the high point up i felt sorry for the servo.
its maxed out , you cant measure that to much vibrations.
Jan 18, 2018, 09:52 AM
Eagle Butte User
The servos weren't max'd out in the video. Guess I'll stick to my trusty mechanical gauge for now.
Aug 26, 2019, 06:04 PM
Welp...this thing is a pile of garbage....jumps from 70*-109.....tested with a carpenters square, not even close, or consistent the print quality is laughable and the case practically falls off
Last edited by Joshadam; Aug 26, 2019 at 06:30 PM.
Aug 26, 2019, 08:32 PM
Purchased two, one worked, one did not.

Was promised a replacement but it was never sent.

Then they stopped replying to emails.

Back to old skool technology.
Aug 27, 2019, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshadam
Welp...this thing is a pile of garbage....jumps from 70*-109.....tested with a carpenters square, not even close, or consistent the print quality is laughable and the case practically falls off
send it back and get a refund?

Quick Reply