Dec 29, 2017, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkies
That is correct. Nice time to add some LEDs in the wing channels too.
I have several questions about the kit version and camera:

- Could you post a photo or provide a list of separate parts in the kit that need to be assembled? I am considering a few modifications that might be easier to make with the kit version.

- What type(s) of glues are used?

- For the kit version, are any hardware or components required in addition to the ESC, motor, prop, 2 servos, RX, battery, and camera?

- Does the recommended Sinopine camera require a voltage regulator to be used with a 2S battery? If so, which regulator do you recommend?

Thanks!

John
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2017, 07:43 AM
RMRC
Thread OP

- Could you post a photo or provide a list of separate parts in the kit that need to be assembled? I am considering a few modifications that might be easier to make with the kit version.
I have updated the product listing with this info. Thanks for asking!

Welders or Foam-Tac

- For the kit version, are any hardware or components required in addition to the ESC, motor, prop, 2 servos, RX, battery, and camera?
None that I can think of. The servo linkage is included as well.

- Does the recommended Sinopine camera require a voltage regulator to be used with a 2S battery? If so, which regulator do you recommend?
I run my camera off of the receiver. We made the BEC in the ESC 2 amps so it would be able to handle extra load.
Dec 29, 2017, 10:34 AM
I preemptively ordered another bottle of foam tac. That stuff is amazing and really easy to use.
Dec 29, 2017, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkies

I have updated the product listing with this info. Thanks for asking!

Welders or Foam-Tac

None that I can think of. The servo linkage is included as well.

I run my camera off of the receiver. We made the BEC in the ESC 2 amps so it would be able to handle extra load.
McSkies,

Thanks very much for your quick response! You have answered my questions. The kit version looks best for me, so I have just placed an order. I really like the Nano Goblin concept, and am looking forward to building one with my own personal touches.

Best wishes for the New Year!

John
Dec 29, 2017, 12:04 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Did some power line inspection today....
Dec 29, 2017, 04:06 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid
I like your style
Dec 29, 2017, 07:14 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Terrific flight Phillip! Well done
Dec 29, 2017, 08:56 PM
Quote:
It looks fine. Carry on. ;-)
Dec 30, 2017, 03:55 PM
On My Way ...

Perfect customer Service by RMRC

I had a problem with my Motor, posted earlier. The motorshaft were out of balance.

Got my new Motor today, for free. Perfect customer service.
I love the NG. This will be my treveler plane for my Caravan.

Thank You very much RMRC.
Dec 30, 2017, 05:17 PM
Guess Who's Back? :D
Quote:
Looks better than my first first rth with mine.. I only flew between them
Dec 30, 2017, 05:17 PM
Iím waiting for a few more odds and ends to show up for my build. In the mean time Iím trying to conceptualize how to run my antennas. Iím going to use a 1.3ghz dipole for video and UHF for controls. My overall goal is to get 10 miles from my ground station and have 45-60 minute flights.

Video-I was thinking about putting my VTX in the top of the fuselage behind the magnetic hatch. Iíd cut out the space and force fit the transmitter. My thought for doing this is better airflow to help with cooling. My concern is half of the dipole will be in the fuselage. Will that impact VTx performance? This is the first time Iím using a dipole on a build. If having the dipole in the fuselage isnít a big deal I may change the plan.

UHF I was thinking of running it in front of the battery. And have the dipole go out the front and bottom of the fuselage. Iíve got a couple of flexible dipoles so I can hand launch it easily.

Thanks for any feedback.
Dec 30, 2017, 06:25 PM
Guess Who's Back? :D
Quote:
Looks better than my first first rth with mine.. I only flew between them
Dec 30, 2017, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling
Iím waiting for a few more odds and ends to show up for my build. In the mean time Iím trying to conceptualize how to run my antennas. Iím going to use a 1.3ghz dipole for video and UHF for controls. My overall goal is to get 10 miles from my ground station and have 45-60 minute flights.

Video-I was thinking about putting my VTX in the top of the fuselage behind the magnetic hatch. Iíd cut out the space and force fit the transmitter. My thought for doing this is better airflow to help with cooling. My concern is half of the dipole will be in the fuselage. Will that impact VTx performance? This is the first time Iím using a dipole on a build. If having the dipole in the fuselage isnít a big deal I may change the plan.

UHF I was thinking of running it in front of the battery. And have the dipole go out the front and bottom of the fuselage. Iíve got a couple of flexible dipoles so I can hand launch it easily.

Thanks for any feedback.
Hi Falling,
You would have serious bragging rights if you succeed! Check out my pics on page 51 of this thread. I kept my UHF Rx in the fuse and ran the dipole outside onto the wing. You could do the same with your vtx. I am sure your idea would work fine but to max your range I would push to separate antennas and minimize surrounding interference. I am going to work on distance runs as well: waiting for the nano Dragonlink to come out! Going to try and see how far 5.8 will go with an antenna tracker.
Dec 30, 2017, 08:23 PM
FPV really is fun.
Redid my NG to accept 3s, and finally got my replacement board for my Runcam Split2, so that went in as well. Aikon 30a esc, with a RTFQ 1.8a bec piggybacked onto it. Stock motor and prop. 3s 800mah pack. The motor thrust angle is off, it has too much down thrust. Need to shim it at some point. Plane is super fast now and gets 10 minutes of flight. 225g AUW. It has a significant amount of torque roll at full throttle due to the large pitch of the prop. I don't know if I will change the prop (It's so quiet), or mix some aileron to throttle. Here is the shake down flight after work today.

NG Split and 3s (5 min 21 sec)
Dec 30, 2017, 09:23 PM
Knotthrower,
Iím waiting for the DL Nano as well. While I wait on it, Iím trying to think through how to get a GPS, Video dipole and DL antenna on the NG.

Maybe if I put the video and DL antennas on the wings I can mount the gps near the motor? Iím not to worried about the DL antenna thatís got so much range I should be fine with sub optimal placement.

How far have you gotten with the 5.8? Iíd love to get out 10 miles, there is an awesome cliff range near where I fly, if I can get out that far, I can goof around for 10 minutes and get back in plenty of time. I fly my talon out there but there isnít much gas left in the tank when I get there.

I just donít think I can get that range with 5.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotthrower
Hi Falling,
You would have serious bragging rights if you succeed! Check out my pics on page 51 of this thread. I kept my UHF Rx in the fuse and ran the dipole outside onto the wing. You could do the same with your vtx. I am sure your idea would work fine but to max your range I would push to separate antennas and minimize surrounding interference. I am going to work on distance runs as well: waiting for the nano Dragonlink to come out! Going to try and see how far 5.8 will go with an antenna tracker.

Quick Reply