Dec 22, 2017, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag
Anyone else having esc issues? Mine reboots randomly and has already caused one small crash.
No, I've not had a single issue with the stock ESC, and I've run it anywhere from half to full throttle through a whole pack.

ezUHF Rx is known to not play nice with some digital servos (I think NG comes with digitals).
Try just hooking it up and cycling the servos hard (stir the sticks) for a while, and see if the ezUHF Rx reboots.
Years ago when I used ezUHF that was a deal breaker for me as it rebooted repeatedly just driving two small pan&tilt servos.
It failed with most other digitals I tested. Some other UHF Rxs have had the same problem (TSLRS for one)
but never had that issue with *any* 2.4Ghz Rxs (or 72Mhz before that). Most other UHF Rxs handle it ok.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2017, 02:19 AM
Aka... Chris Graham
Yeah I’ve also had certain Becs not play nice with ezuhf, for me it usually presents itself as a range problem not rebooting problems.
I’ve swapped it out with a plush12 esc, I have a new one from the same batch as the one in my caipirinha that’s been on uhf and 3s pulling 15a at full poke for 4 odd yrs now.

Haven’t flown it yet but problem seems to gone on bench, the tornado 1407-3600 runs nice too.
Latest blog entry: Build Pics
Dec 23, 2017, 03:26 AM
My problem (others have had it too) was not Rf noise, and didn't really depend on the BEC
used. ezUHF doesn't buffer power to its own CPU properly, and digital servos are hard
on the power bus. I'd get full reboots. Since the Rx drops the signal to the ESC, it usually
reacts as though it has been rebooted as well.
Dec 23, 2017, 03:52 AM
Aka... Chris Graham
I’ve been lucky enough to not ever had that problem, just range problems... some becs in escs ive had over years have caused me failsafes or poor rssi at very close range.. swap them out or add a separate Bec and problem fixed.

I just did a 15min gusty dusk flight and all now seems fine so hopefully it stays that way.
Latest blog entry: Build Pics
Dec 23, 2017, 12:49 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag
Yeah Iíve also had certain Becs not play nice with ezuhf, for me it usually presents itself as a range problem not rebooting problems.
Iíve swapped it out with a plush12 esc, I have a new one from the same batch as the one in my caipirinha thatís been on uhf and 3s pulling 15a at full poke for 4 odd yrs now.

Havenít flown it yet but problem seems to gone on bench, the tornado 1407-3600 runs nice too.
aren't the Plush ESC darned heavy though? I will likely use a miniquad esc w separate pololu 5v
Dec 23, 2017, 01:46 PM
Aka... Chris Graham
Hey Bc,

I didnít weigh it but Iíd say less than 2g heavier....if that. Iím only 229g rtf with li-ion anyways.
4:30am here and Iím just heading out to finally take her for a spin in some calm weather.

Edit.
2 more packs this morning and all is sweet! Love this little thing.
Added some holes to get the hot air out and draw air past the hot bits, itís the middle of our summer here and quite hot & humid. Itís all running cool, vtx is on 200mw.
Last edited by NutBag; Dec 23, 2017 at 06:50 PM.
Dec 24, 2017, 04:55 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Got in some Nano Goblin action today!
Dec 24, 2017, 09:20 PM

Custom paint job

I felt this little bird could do better than have a few stickers. Hence my custom paint job in RMRC/STRIX colors.
If you don't have an NG yet I hope Santa will place one under the tree for you.
Merry Christmas to all!
Dec 24, 2017, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
aren't the Plush ESC darned heavy though? I will likely use a miniquad esc w separate pololu 5v
Plush 15A about same size as Cobra or Castle. but I still like a separate BEC although I do not use one in most of my planes under a KG
Dec 24, 2017, 10:22 PM
The NanoGoblin Skates pretty good! Was hoping for a reverse flatspin takeoff at the end... maybe the 3S version can do it :-)

NanoGoblin Ice Skating (0 min 33 sec)
Dec 25, 2017, 12:26 AM
Blue Sky Mining
Hmmmmmmm. Doesn't taxi very well, does it?
Dec 25, 2017, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by batballs
Hmmmmmmm. Doesn't taxi very well, does it?
Well of course now I have to make taller ice skates for it... Merry Christmas!
Dec 26, 2017, 09:55 AM
Guess Who's Back? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by benderfly
Well of course now I have to make taller ice skates for it... Merry Christmas!
poor prop... it should be properly clearanced now. lol
Dec 26, 2017, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintz2007
poor prop... it should be properly clearanced now. lol
Strange as the results may be... that little prop scored the ice up pretty good, but did not suffer any damage. After I managed to get it to spin around and get over close enough to the edge of the pond so I could get it, I tossed it right back up in the air.
Dec 26, 2017, 05:07 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Love this bird!

Quick Reply