Dec 20, 2017, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoeny
Yesterday I've maiden my NG. Bad wether, it started to Rain.

Every thing went fine. CG is neither nose-heavy nor tail-heavy.

after Flight, Battery remained 55%
Great Plane...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44OTGhsvPVI
Nice flight!
I see that you are using the Runcam Split, isn't to heavy for this little one?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2017, 09:20 AM
On My Way ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst
Nice flight!
I see that you are using the Runcam Split, isn't to heavy for this little one?
It's ok.

I'm at 290g UAW. No Problem.

But today I noticed, that I need a VTX that works with 5V.

When Battery comes under 7 V the transmitted FPV-Signal becomes ugly.

Any suggestion ?
Dec 20, 2017, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoeny
It's ok.

I'm at 290g UAW. No Problem.

But today I noticed, that I need a VTX that works with 5V.

When Battery comes under 7 V the transmitted FPV-Signal becomes ugly.

Any suggestion ?

You might want to check what I published earlier
Dec 20, 2017, 03:53 PM
On My Way ...
yes, that vtx could fit. I take a look where in germany i can get the tx200
Dec 21, 2017, 08:42 AM
Flyr John in Floyd VA

3 cells?

I know this is pretty mundane compared to your hi tech FPV, but
no one responded last time, so I'll try one more time:

Has anyone experience with 3 cell batteries?

Thanks, John
Dec 21, 2017, 09:45 AM
3 cell works fine on the 3 inch prop and is a far amount faster. The esc is labeled 2 cell but is a 3 cell esc. In tight turns the wings flex quite a bit but not bad. Hopefully RMRC released a kit version soon I want one to really play with.

Corey
Dec 21, 2017, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderman111
Anyone up for a little friendly competition? http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...age=page&id=32
Sounds like fun to me

Maidened mine a couple of weeks ago, flys great with 2x 1000 mah lipos, still have to put together some li-ion packs. Have a runcam micro swift and a vtx03 micro video transmitter in mine. Also swapped out the prop for a 3076 racekraft, picked up 5-8mph. Ran it on 3s a fair amount as well, ran fine.

Hoping for a kit version, would like to add an extra spar, and use a 30a esc with a 2204 3022kv hyperlite motor (4g heavier than the stock cobra). I can't do endurance flying, get bored, so would like to build a faster version for open field flying and keep the 2s one for flying in tighter areas. But I suppose I could take some parts I have laying around and see how fast I can get one first, lol.
Dec 22, 2017, 01:10 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
hmmmmm
Dec 22, 2017, 01:46 PM
Aka... Chris Graham
That’s a fromeco Relion pack yeah? Use them in my turbine.
The newer LG and Sony cells etc hold higher voltage so more Rpm, would be interesting to see how long you could fly for with 2p though

Anyone else having esc issues? Mine reboots randomly and has already caused one small crash. I can get it to repeat on bench consistently if I run at part throttle for a few mins.
I’m going to swap it out with a plush12 today.

So that’s a dud motor from new that the bell rubs and now a dodgy esc.
Had a dodgy esc in my full size goblin too so I’m not a fan of Cobra at the moment!!!
Dec 22, 2017, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag
That’s a fromeco Relion pack yeah? Use them in my turbine.
The newer LG and Sony cells etc hold higher voltage so more Rpm, would be interesting to see how long you could fly for with 2p though

Anyone else having esc issues? Mine reboots randomly and has already caused one small crash. I can get it to repeat on bench consistently if I run at part throttle for a few mins.
I’m going to swap it out with a plush12 today.

So that’s a dud motor from new that the bell rubs and now a dodgy esc.
Had a dodgy esc in my full size goblin too so I’m not a fan of Cobra at the moment!!!
Are you using a 2s or 3s battery?
Dec 22, 2017, 02:07 PM
Aka... Chris Graham
2s Li-ion, made my own packs as you guys couldn’t ship them to me in Oz.
I’ve made my own huge long range packs for years so no probs there.

I even cut heat shrink off the esc and made vent holes behind in case it was getting hot, but doesn’t even feel hot to touch straight after a reboot.
It reboots then comes back on line at previous tx throttle setting in about 2 secs... I swapped out the ezuhf Rx incase it was that but same deal.
Dec 22, 2017, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag
2s Li-ion, made my own packs as you guys couldn’t ship them to me in Oz.
I’ve made my own huge long range packs for years so no probs there.

I even cut heat shrink off the esc and made vent holes behind in case it was getting hot, but doesn’t even feel hot to touch straight after a reboot.
It reboots then comes back on line at previous tx throttle setting in about 2 secs... I swapped out the ezuhf Rx incase it was that but same deal.
Is your FPV gear being powered directly off the lipo or is it fed from the BEC? If the latter then maybe your vtx is causing brownouts?
Dec 22, 2017, 02:46 PM
Aka... Chris Graham
Nah, power fed directly from Xt30. If you look closely you can see 2 sets of power wires directly off it.
The 2cell powers vtx that has a filtered 5v out for the micro swift.

Swapping out with a turnigy plush 12 and atom 1407-3600kv motor today... Will throw cobra gear off a bridge, at least it’ll fly then
Last edited by NutBag; Dec 22, 2017 at 03:17 PM.
Dec 22, 2017, 04:10 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Just did a hour and fifteen minute flight and it started raining.... The 5200 mah pack though worked great! Charging the battery now to see how much I used as I dont have an OSD.
Dec 22, 2017, 06:14 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Charger just got done and only put in 2000 mah.

Quick Reply