Scaleshipyard - RC Groups
Sep 11, 2017, 03:51 AM
Discussion

Scaleshipyard

Hi all,

I'm just after a bit of advice, I'm trying to place an order with scale shipyard for some fittings. I've emailed then a few times over the last couple of weeks but not received a response. I'm reluctant to send payment without at least an acknowledgement of my order. Is this a problem other people have had, is there another email address other than the AOL one on their site to use? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2017, 07:58 AM
try using a PM over on WMU (warship models underway) normally never a problem with the scale shipyard..
Sep 11, 2017, 08:07 AM
Don't feel too bad. I sent a couple of emails myself and never got a reply. Oh well.
Sep 11, 2017, 08:39 AM
I do not know what is going on with Lee, as he "tends" to be slow anyway. Try giving him a call, if no answer, leave him a message. If you still don't get a reply, shop elsewhere.
Sep 11, 2017, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the messages guys, guys to know it's not just me :-)
Sep 14, 2017, 04:19 PM
William Upshaw posts Scale Shipyard Updates on Facebook every week. If you are on FB, you might want to join the Warship Models Underway Group. You could also send him a "Friend Request" and message him directly.

Pete G.
Sep 14, 2017, 07:23 PM
If a "company" sells on the Internet, a customer should not have to join something like Facebook to have their e-mail questions answered. This is Lee Upshaw , as he has been for 30 years.
Sep 14, 2017, 09:26 PM
I heard that! I do not participate in social media.
Sep 15, 2017, 07:43 AM
Nickel Belter
He's a pretty busy guy, took him a while to get back to me when I emailed him... to his credit he does care very much about being affordable.
Sep 15, 2017, 08:45 AM
Since you are just over the pond in NZ you could get something from Australia depending on what ship you want APS models or Southern Cross Models do a large range of ships in 1/72 and APS has a massive catalog of resin fittings.....Cheaper shipping from Oz to Nz than USA to NZ

Cheers Bruce
Sep 16, 2017, 04:04 AM
Thanks but I'm looking for 1/192 extras for my missouri :-)
Sep 16, 2017, 10:05 AM
Most hobby so called Business's are MOM and POP shops. with a small demand for there product in volume of money anyways. So if the guy is making a nice Item and you want it and have to join Face book, (which I do not have) then big deal, join face book. I have as big of and well known model boat line as anyone in the world and we are not rich, we make a lot of boats every year and also spend 350.00 to keep our web site up. For me that is building a boat for free. But might be a lot of detail parts for a very small complaining crowd for someone else. This is the same garbage that has lead to almost no hobby shops left at all. And most that are left are big box stores with no building items. Face book is free.
Sep 20, 2017, 03:18 AM
Try the Shapeways 3d printing site plenty of ship fittings there in all scales
Sep 20, 2017, 02:09 PM
Owner of SSY

Scale Shipyard

I finally to log into this site.

I detailed reply was already sent to Peleral but I have not heard anything from him since.

I try to surf through all the message boards but this takes up time that I should be doing work on the orders and projects here. I have also been doing projects on my shop which is taking away from my production time, but I can't defer maintenance items for too long.
Sep 21, 2017, 04:41 AM
Hi there, thanks for the emails. Bit of a misunderstanding on my part as to where we were in the email conversation left things hanging. All resolved now. Cheers