Holybro Kopis 1 - Page 9 - RC Groups
Nov 11, 2017, 02:08 PM

$199 with XSR receiver

Hi Guys

Just noticed a coupon that put this at its lowest ever price - $199 with XSR receiver. This is from 13 November and they have only allocated 20 units at this price. This code and my other favourites from the Gearbest 11.11 Sale at the link below:

http://quadifyrc.weebly.com/coupons-and-discounts.html

Latest blog entry: $50 FPV micro with goggles
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2017, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M - RC
Hi fellow pilots & RC Enthusiasts

Holybro Kopis 1 review. Battery Endurance & Antenna Mod Tests after experiencing bad fpv break-ups with stock antenna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a22kexlTWbk
Are you confident the vtx antenna won't loosen on the 90 and contact the props? I f you know a tip to keep it in position please share.
Nov 12, 2017, 07:33 PM
Coupon is live now

[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymagicNZ
Hi Guys

Just noticed a coupon that put this at its lowest ever price - $199 with XSR receiver. This is from 13 November and they have only allocated 20 units at this price. This code and my other favourites from the Gearbest 11.11 Sale at the link below:

http://quadifyrc.weebly.com/coupons-and-discounts.html

Nov 14, 2017, 06:22 PM
Kopis 1 Maiden Flight (2 min 17 sec)

Kopis 1 Maiden Flight 2 November 14 (3 min 22 sec)
Nov 14, 2017, 09:57 PM
What's that white stuff all over in those pictures?
Nov 15, 2017, 10:13 AM
THE KHRASH PAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere
What's that white stuff all over in those pictures?
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE, ARIZONA =).

Nice to see a post from Winnipeg! Great place. Then again, I'm biased - I am Winnepeg's centennial child and an honorary citizen of Portage La Prairie. I had my 15 minutes of fame right at the start of my life =).
Nov 15, 2017, 10:24 AM
THE KHRASH PAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepiper92
Piper ripping over Winnipeg
Piper ... you might want to refrain from ripping over the subdivision like that. If you had an issue with your gear (quite possible in the cold) it might be difficult to find your Kopis again. Or even if you knew where it went down, they might not be super eager to let you in their yard to check.

It looks like you have a couple nice areas near you to fly. I can see an open area (with something circular? park?) at 1:31 after your power loop in the second maiden. Looked like some prox obstacles you can practice around. Highly recommend ripping over there instead of your neighbors fenced yards. No way to claim 35 metres distance from buildings there =).

Sorry to stick my nose in - don't want to dampen your enthusiasm for your new baby. This thing is awesome! Had it out for a full night of indoor "racing" (fumbling around gates) on Saturday night, and freestyling around some local parks.

I'm looking forward to some new videos ... haven't tried mine in the snow yet (ours melted here in T.O.)
Nov 15, 2017, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strief
Piper ... you might want to refrain from ripping over the subdivision like that. If you had an issue with your gear (quite possible in the cold) it might be difficult to find your Kopis again. Or even if you knew where it went down, they might not be super eager to let you in their yard to check.

It looks like you have a couple nice areas near you to fly. I can see an open area (with something circular? park?) at 1:31 after your power loop in the second maiden. Looked like some prox obstacles you can practice around. Highly recommend ripping over there instead of your neighbors fenced yards. No way to claim 35 metres distance from buildings there =).

Sorry to stick my nose in - don't want to dampen your enthusiasm for your new baby. This thing is awesome! Had it out for a full night of indoor "racing" (fumbling around gates) on Saturday night, and freestyling around some local parks.

I'm looking forward to some new videos ... haven't tried mine in the snow yet (ours melted here in T.O.)
It was around 2C, so not too cold. I typically fly in a more open area, don't even fly my 3 inch quad around the houses, but I just wanted to test it out quickly. What you see at 1:31 is actually my flying area in the majority of my other vids. There is a church built there now unfortunately, so I don't have as much freedom, but I still will be flying there. The business nearby are fine with my flying around.
Nov 16, 2017, 02:14 AM
Kopis 1 Cold Midnight Flight 2- November 15 (4 min 2 sec)

I do have permission to fly around the business...well I haven't asked, but have been flying helis and planes there since I started the hobby, and everyone there has been happy to see my fly. If it were day time, I would refrain from going over streets, but the streets are quiet at midnight, and the field is a tad too dark without any light source whatsoever.
Nov 16, 2017, 04:13 AM
Started flying in 1992...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strief
I have to say I agree entirely - I cannot believe Piper that you 'maidened' this quad in this location, screaming above the houses and gardens of your entire neighbourhood in that way - if you crashed or your quad failed, it landing on someone's property or car would definitely p!ss them off, if it were my yard you'd definitely not be getting it back. Pretty irresponsible flying.
Nov 16, 2017, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantAsh
I have to say I agree entirely - I cannot believe Piper that you 'maidened' this quad in this location, screaming above the houses and gardens of your entire neighbourhood in that way - if you crashed or your quad failed, it landing on someone's property or car would definitely p!ss them off, if it were my yard you'd definitely not be getting it back. Pretty irresponsible flying.
Well I'm sorry you feel that way. I specifically picked that area so that there would be no cars. I admit it's not the best place to fly, but the quad was flown briefly los in my driveway, so I did check if all was working, including failsafe. Where I flew over was primarily fences, and back yard areas, not whipping down a residential street near parked cars. These flights were only for testing out the quad quickly, not where I fly every chance I get. I'm not trying to ruin the hobby, or give myself or others a bad name. I feel that just because I'm not a pro, I should not get backlash, while others get praise. I know how to setup a quad...heck I setup helis, which takes at least 5 times the concentration, overviewing, preflight checks. I didn't just bind the kopis and hope for the best.

So this is responsible flying?:
First real flight with the T5040C (2 min 0 sec)

Or better yet:
Sloppy Flossing - Random After Work Flight (1 min 7 sec)

If those vids are that much of a concern, 6 minutes of flight total, I'll take them down.

I see that you fly planes for the most part...not trying to be offensive, but if you got into helis, maybe you would understand the amount of setup I go through for helis and quads. The Kopis was torn down completely, apart from inspecting the escs. I made sure every connection was proper, all electronics functioned properly, video feed was setup properly. Once you build a heli, a $2000 heli in fact, and perfectly setup throttle and pitch curves, blade zeroing, min and max pitch, then you'll see what my train of thought is.
Last edited by thepiper92; Nov 16, 2017 at 04:46 AM.
Nov 16, 2017, 06:00 AM
Started flying in 1992...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepiper92
I see that you fly planes for the most part...
I fly quads, fixed-wing, helicopters and gliders...have done for 25 years, nitro 2-stroke and electric...none would I fly over the houses of a neighbourhood like that.
Nov 16, 2017, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantAsh
I fly quads, fixed-wing, helicopters and gliders...have done for 25 years, nitro 2-stroke and electric...none would I fly over the houses of a neighbourhood like that.
Well good for you. I ensure my equipment is working well. I dont fly anything without knowing it will fly without issues outside of what is humanly controllable. The chance of me hitting a car is less likely than a bird smacking into one. I'm not flying anything crazy, simply passes...no tree dodging, no obstacle flying.

You still have yet to state if those vids I posted are proper flying.

Furthermore, is flying a 2 inch or 3 inch quad safe where I am flying it, where it is under the 250g limit? Or how about this: https://www.catalystmachineworks.com...norris-edition
It can be under 250g if built right.

Tell me where what I'm doing is okay. Is it because of some Canadian Transportation fabrication of what is an acceptable non-regulated weight (which can easily do damage at 150g or so moving at 60mph)? Is it because I'm not a pro, and you have assumed I'm more likely to screw up?
Nov 16, 2017, 08:29 AM
The Kopis 1 is now $210 / €180 (+$8 for the FrSky version) with coupon RCCool1111 here!
https://www.gearbest.com/brushless-f...1354426&wid=21
Last edited by dartita; Nov 16, 2017 at 04:17 PM.
Nov 16, 2017, 03:27 PM

You can still actually get it for $199 with an XSR receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartita
The Kopis 1 is now $210 / €180 with coupon RCCool1111 here!
https://www.gearbest.com/brushless-f...1354426&wid=21
Why would you pay $10 more to get it without an XSR receiver? The $199 deal with XSR is linked above.