Holybro Kopis 1 - Page 17 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 07, 2018, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppie
I just got my brand new Kopis 1, and happy with it!
But there is some strange thing. Some letters are missing in the OSD. The 'F' for example.
You can see it clearly in the pictures. Is there something I can do about that?
Odd. Upload the font again in betaflight. Maybe some oddity in the factory flashing...
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2018, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexHeliPilot
I am running 8k/8k with no problems. Using PIDs from Oscar Liang. It flew really well. Only problem I'm having with Kopis is getting RSSI on my OSD. Everything else works find including sending PID settings through telemetry to the FC. Any tips on how to get RSSI?

Looptime - 8K/8K
DShot600 (can't really tell the difference between 600 and 1200 in flight... )
set anti_gravity_gain = 3.000
------------------------
set p_pitch = 54
set i_pitch = 48
set d_pitch = 30
set p_roll = 46
set i_roll = 54
set d_roll = 26
set p_yaw = 70
set i_yaw = 45
set d_yaw = 20
------------------------
set rc_rate = 92
set rc_rate_yaw = 94
set rc_expo = 4
set rc_yaw_expo = 4
set thr_mid = 50
set thr_expo = 0
set roll_srate = 75
set pitch_srate = 76
set yaw_srate = 75
Thx buddy. I did a test hover on stock PIDs/Rates with 8K/8K and DSHOT1200 and no problems. CPU% on Betaflight also remains very low.

As it happens I'd also setup the Oscar Liang PIDs/Rates over the weekend after stumbling upon them! Haven't had a chance to try them in the field yet. Glad they are working well for you

I used CH16 (AUX 12 in Betaflight) for my RSSI telem on my XSR and it works like a charm. Hope the video posted earlier helps.

Thx again, Steve
Jan 08, 2018, 12:21 PM
Was flying with the Pagoda antenna yesterday...unless it only works with with the RX with a Pagoda, I'm not that impressed. Getting a lot more breakup of signal.
Jan 08, 2018, 01:54 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepiper92
Was flying with the Pagoda antenna yesterday...unless it only works with with the RX with a Pagoda, I'm not that impressed. Getting a lot more breakup of signal.
Was it a legit Pagoda from a reputable source or a cheap (not to spec) version?
Jan 08, 2018, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985
Was it a legit Pagoda from a reputable source or a cheap (not to spec) version?
Was a cheaper one, $15 or so, but from a local dealer...well somewhat local, little over an hour away

http://www.rotorvillage.ca/product-p...p-sma-50mm.htm
Jan 08, 2018, 03:12 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
Was a cheaper one, $15 or so, but from a local dealer...well somewhat local, little over an hour away

http://www.rotorvillage.ca/product-p...p-sma-50mm.htm
The issue with Pagoda antennas is that they have to be made perfectly to function as intended any slight deviation from the recommended specs causes a drop off in performance which is why although pagodas are really great when they get mass-produced you start to see issues like these and not to mention they are easily damaged....
Jan 08, 2018, 03:58 PM
Quote:
The issue with Pagoda antennas is that they have to be made perfectly to function as intended any slight deviation from the recommended specs causes a drop off in performance which is why although pagodas are really great when they get mass-produced you start to see issues like these and not to mention they are easily damaged....
No damage, looked at it, plates look even. Soldering joints look perfect too. Are they sensitive to channels more? Would using one on my goggles help?
Jan 08, 2018, 08:59 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
No damage, looked at it, plates look even. Soldering joints look perfect too. Are they sensitive to channels more? Would using one on my goggles help?
It should... I need fact most people use them on only the receiving end due to the durability issues. I'm no expert though...
Jan 09, 2018, 01:22 AM
Quote:
It should... I need fact most people use them on only the receiving end due to the durability issues. I'm no expert though...
What would be a better antennna that is short like that?
Jan 09, 2018, 03:46 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
What would be a better antennna that is short like that?
AXII or maybe the knockoff UXII from Banggood
Last edited by Irock1985; Jan 10, 2018 at 02:31 AM.
Jan 10, 2018, 01:33 AM
Quote:
AXII or maybe the knockout UXII from Banggood
UXII? That a fake one. I have been using mini AXII antenna a lot, with the uf.l connector. Great antenna. I thought the Pagoda was supposed to be as good or better.
Jan 10, 2018, 02:32 AM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
UXII? That a fake one. I have been using mini AXII antenna a lot, with the uf.l connector. Great antenna. I thought the Pagoda was supposed to be as good or better.
Yes a fake but it still performs decently from what I hear
Jan 11, 2018, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Yes a fake but it still performs decently from what I hear
I'lll hace to see what there is soon...just bought a Catalyst Superlight 3.
Jan 12, 2018, 06:08 PM
How could I enable a TX port and another RX port to connect a GPS
Jan 12, 2018, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by er_peyote
How could I enable a TX port and another RX port to connect a GPS
Never looked...but this is a quad you probably won't be putting GPS on...it has a tight fit for everything.

Quick Reply