Cruise ship tender - RC Groups
Sep 09, 2017, 11:35 PM
Discussion

Cruise ship tender

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for info to build a semi-scale tender boat.

This is what I would like, but am having nothing but problems finding info on it. They were used on a couple different cruises I have been on and would like to make a model.

Obviously, plans would be best, 3-view drawings good or even some decent pics would help. I have looked on Google and only found a few pics of this model, none of which show the hull shape very well.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2017, 12:49 AM
Grumpa Tom
Seems that tender is actually one of the lifeboats.

Here is your boat. Made by ACEBI.

http://acebi.site/partially-enclosed/

This video shows the hull quite well.

Cruise Ship Lifeboat Lifted Back Aboard Norwegian Star (6 min 9 sec)

Sep 10, 2017, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
Seems that tender is actually one of the lifeboats.

Here is your boat. Made by ACEBI.

http://acebi.site/partially-enclosed/
Thats actually the website my pic came from. I tried looking in Google for the different models they list but wasn't able to find much that way either. I'm still not even sure exactly which model that one is.

The video is fairly good for showing the front of the hull, and the pic shows a really nice profile I should be able to work from. Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out which model it is so I can guestimate the beam and start drawing...
Sep 10, 2017, 12:51 PM
Forgot to mention, from all my searches so far, it appears it is designed as a tender that can also be used as a lifeboat. When I first started looking, I couldn't find much because I thought it was the other way around. From what I had read, It looks like the main difference is that the tender doesn't have properly sealing doors to be considered a lifeboat
Sep 10, 2017, 02:12 PM
Grumpa Tom
The ACEBI website has contact information. Write them and ask for the "sales drawing" they list on the web page.