Found..... a couple of Fokkers. - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 09, 2017, 04:34 PM
Question

Found..... a couple of Fokkers.

Hello, I have come across a couple of good ol Fokkers. One is Great Planes DR1 .60 ARF still in the box. Very nice looking piece. Would like to know what a fair price would be for it. Looks like it's been discontinued for a number of years. It's a bit above my pay grade. It needs someone to appreciate it. The second one is a VK Balsa kit 47" still in the box. Looks to be a number of years old? Any thought on either one. Options I guess are a few swap meets this winter, Toledo in April, classified's on this site or Ebay. The GP unit is a good sized box, shipping would be the issue. Any guidance would be appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2017, 08:44 AM
I miss President Reagan
For my money I'd go with the VK kit every time. More accurate from a scale perspective, just as proven a flyer as the GP kit (maybe even better). Easier to transport. And Joe at Proctor will provide you with advice, spare parts, fitting, upgrades, etc. At a price of course, but he has the stuff. But it is a builders kit. If you don't understand why they want you to do something, think about it until you do.

You can still get new VK Kits from Proctor. The DR-1 goes for 210 so use that as a starting point.
http://www.proctor-enterprises.com/p...vk/dr1/dr1.htm

There have also been a few sold here in the classifieds. A search should bring up 3-5 examples and show you what originals have been bringing. At least one build thread going on right now too.

Aside from any collectors value (VK use to be a highly respected kit and the Proctor version still is), a complete VK kit should still command a decent price. I recently picked one up for not much less than a new one would cost. But mine is an original VK which has sentimental value for me having built one in the early 70's.

If you don't get it, PM me the contact info, I might be interested in another one.