This thread is privately moderated by JulianGoesPro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 09, 2017, 03:22 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

JJRC // H47 ELFIE+ // Selfie Drone

I normally don't review what I consider "toy drones", but this one got me interested and I am glad I gave it a shot!

The JJRC H47 ELFIE+ (link to TMART)

It's a light weight drone that has a cam and wifi build in so you can record video and take photos (which look to me like frame gabs of the video) to capture angles you can't reach without a drone.

The case it comes in is actually super nice, everything fits in there and it feels like it will offer some protection as well

Quick overview of whats in the box: manual, screwdriver, 4 spare props, remote and the elfie+

Quick unboxing video:
Unboxing // JJRC H47 ELFI PLUS 720p WiFi Drone (3 min 56 sec)

One pic I took which lets me belive that the picture is a frame grab of the video stream:

Quick flight video, sadly the weather was everything but good... just had stopped raining but the wind was still quite strong... (which ended in a unintentional landing )
Test Recording // JJRC H47 ELFI PLUS 720p WiFi Drone (1 min 5 sec)

Here the same flight recorded on the iPhone (well, both videos are "recorded on the iPhone", since the drone will save it "on the fly" to the phone, but this one is what you actually see during the flight as a live feed)
Test iPhone Screen Recording // JJRC H47 ELFI PLUS 720p WiFi Drone (1 min 39 sec)

I was supprised how sharp the video looks, espcially at that price point I was expecting way less sharpness. Sure, the image quality does not come close to a GoPro, but we are talking about a sub 50$ drone here... one thing I still think is a disapointment is the frame rate which seems quite low, maybe 15fps?

The controller that comes with the drone is both cool and weird It uses a gyro to control forward/backwards and left/right but for yaw you use the joystick on top (also used for altitude control)... it works well but I feel more home with using the iPhone app

All in all I consider this a good value and am sure I will have more fun in the future with it

As of right now you can get it at TMART for $47.99 here
Last edited by JulianGoesPro; Sep 09, 2017 at 03:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2017, 03:29 PM
Thread OP
Any Questions? Post them!
Oct 04, 2017, 07:12 AM
im a happy owner of your product - drone JJRC H47 but i have some trouble with dedicated app.
i installed app from official google store. Everything is right, i can control drone by app but i cant take photos, make videos and get FPV on the screen. Probably i cant connect to the camera - when im pressing photo and video button nothing happens. I already tried to connect with Xiaomi Redmi 3s, Huawei YII and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0.
I will be thankful for any solutions

Thanks

Best Regards, Mikołaj
Oct 07, 2017, 05:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseq
im a happy owner of your product - drone JJRC H47 but i have some trouble with dedicated app.
i installed app from official google store. Everything is right, i can control drone by app but i cant take photos, make videos and get FPV on the screen. Probably i cant connect to the camera - when im pressing photo and video button nothing happens. I already tried to connect with Xiaomi Redmi 3s, Huawei YII and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0.
I will be thankful for any solutions

Thanks

Best Regards, Mikołaj
I only have iOS devices and both my iPhone and iPad work with the App I got from the AppStore... can you fly the drone using the app?
Nov 05, 2017, 08:01 AM
I've had the E+ for a couple of hours... able to connect with App to my Redme Note 4 phone, photos and vid are great... my control with app sucks but the hand giro controller works very well for me... need practice with App.

Great value little gem.
Nov 09, 2017, 06:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers
I've had the E+ for a couple of hours... able to connect with App to my Redme Note 4 phone, photos and vid are great... my control with app sucks but the hand giro controller works very well for me... need practice with App.

Great value little gem.
I like the app more than the controller, but your last sentence sums it up nicely
Aug 20, 2018, 11:40 AM
I would like to confirm the H47 wifi signal with a xiaomi wifi amplifier 2 .
Possible? How?

Quick Reply