This thread is privately moderated by farquward, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 08, 2017, 02:06 PM
Today is a good day to fly
Thread OP
Cool

In the works

My 450 class UH-1 is almost finished and I expect to have it in the air this year. Since the 450X was un-suitable for that build, I needed something it would work in, enter the AS 350. HH offers a 3 blade conversion for the 360 CFX, but some digging shows it's not compatible with the old X. That's too bad, it would have been a no brainer for the AStar. As these size fuselages are disappearing, I went ahead and bought one, the Blade fits perfect. So what to do about the three blade head? Copter X makes one (have the 5 blade kit for another project) so that's on the way. I'll collect goodies for the AStar a little at a time over this fall to be ready for a winter project. Right now the plan is for a Monster Energy paint job, but nothing is cut in stone just yet. I'd like to do a bit more detail on this one as well.
9/11/2017. A moment of silence..... OK, I found a deal too good to pass on, there's a 500 class EC-135 joining my fleet soon. I think this will be my last heli purchase, the 500 class is where I wanted to get to sooner or later. So it looks like I'll be flying this bad boy out at the local RC park, not my little slice of heaven. More details, and of course pictures once it arrives, I suspect 7 to 10 days from now.
9/16/2017. Tracking shows the EC in Vaughn NM. Getting pumped for it's arrival on the 20th. Asked ME for some clean shots of their AS 350, no reply. There's some sort of cartoon shark on the starboard side, but can't find a clear shot, so it will be hard to have reproduced. Might skip it, do both sides as the port side, or some sort of med/rescue/fire fighter. The factory red/blue isn't all that bad either. "News 9"
9/19/2017. Tomorrow is the big day, the EC 135 is scheduled for delivery. I have to keep reminding myself, the UH-1 has to be finished first, the AS 350 next before any work is done on the EC. I'd hoped I would have warmed up to the EC's looks, but not yet. RCA still has an AS 350 in 500 size, sure like the 450 version. Also have learned, as suspected, the EC is very tail heavy needing lots of ballast up front, even with a huge battery. Lighter fly's better as I remember.
9/22/2017. OK, pictures. So far, can't warm up to the EC, an AS 350 is heading this way. Not much selection anymore in 450/500. Word on the street, once current inventory is gone, they're gone.
9/29/2017. So I finally got a reply from the good folks at Monster Energy saying they have decided to decline my offer. This left me confused as I'd made no offer, only requested permission to use the graphics from their aerial platform used to film dirt bikes, off road cars etc. This seems odd as any kid can get their graphic, slap it on their skateboard and live happily ever after. Scratch that paint scheme off the list......
Last edited by farquward; Sep 29, 2017 at 11:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply