I picked up one of these last weekend and made a start on the build,
What esc are you all using?

Hardest bit of the build so far has been deciding on a colour scheme 😂

Mark
Nov 28, 2018, 09:48 AM

Nice idea of Tamiya

Well, I like the idea of a trike... but Tamiya made a few mistakes:
  1. they should have made it a reverse trike
  2. they should have lowered it by a few inches, keeping CG as low to the ground as possible
  3. they should have used a brushless-motor and place it in the wheel, no gears needed anymore, no transmission-losses of any kind anymore

I made a proof-of-concept for them and anyone willing to give it a try:

Depron diy rc car (5 min 7 sec)
Nov 30, 2018, 09:45 PM
I am what I teach
That's kinda neat but you missed the point that these little trikes are spoofs of actual delivery vehicles in Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_laermans
Well, I like the idea of a trike... but Tamiya made a few mistakes:
  1. they should have made it a reverse trike
  2. they should have lowered it by a few inches, keeping CG as low to the ground as possible
  3. they should have used a brushless-motor and place it in the wheel, no gears needed anymore, no transmission-losses of any kind anymore

I made a proof-of-concept for them and anyone willing to give it a try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsXvwky14Lw
Dec 03, 2018, 12:46 PM
Sorry to hear that, Moparren. I completely overlooked that and assumed it was a crossbreed of a mobility and a golf car.
Dec 04, 2018, 02:14 AM
RC is great fun!
Here is the new body version. The Dual Rider. Same mechanicals, just a different body and driver figure with articulating arms.
Dec 04, 2018, 07:30 AM
scale microlights
Love the shape of the new one, gonna have to get one of them when theyre released
Mar 19, 2019, 02:16 AM
Anyone have the new version? Be interested to know what kind of batteries people are using too.
Mar 21, 2019, 11:21 AM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Anyone see this?
https://www.asiatees.com/article?X-R...id=3263&c=zblo
Mar 21, 2019, 12:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymg
yeah, that's cool, looks very fun. I started a thread for it a couple months ago.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...off-road-trike

Glad to see it's going to be available soon.
Apr 07, 2019, 01:01 PM
Modded my Xrider with 3D printed parts. Works like the Tamiya trike. Some parts from a 1:18 car. Its just for fun
Apr 07, 2019, 02:12 PM
Spectacular.
Aug 05, 2019, 11:52 AM

Slipping

I built this model in January and have been having a blast with a 2s lipo and stock motor. Recently I have noted that it has begun to slip. I know it could be a number of things from pinion gear on the shaft to the spider gear differential to the shaft engagement. I'd like to go ahead and bullet proof this trike to run with stock motor on 2s lipo. When I saw Tamiya released the one piece axles I was tempted to begin the process but I noticed it doesn't work with the kit wheels and tires. What wheels do work? Is there any easy solution to my desire to upgrade it without making it look unlike the box?
Aug 05, 2019, 04:21 PM
Hello ODO. If I may ask, what brand and type of 2S batteries are you using that fit the Tamiya Trike battery holder?
Jun 20, 2020, 01:39 PM
Thread OP
出来心シリーズ 魔改造タミヤダンシングライダー走行編 (1 min 21 sec)

Quick Reply