F-35 wheelchair costume build - RC Groups
Sep 08, 2017, 09:28 AM
Discussion

F-35 wheelchair costume build

I found your forums while researching my current project. I'm a volunteer builder for Magic Wheelchair. We make epic costumes for children in wheelchairs.

The child I'm building for would like an F-35. My plan is to build it out of pink foam using cross sections as forms. I've managed to get a 3d cad model sliced into 2" sections, but I need to convert them to eps files so I "print" the patterns on my vinyl cutter.

Do you guys have any advice or plans you could share with me to help this build go more smoothly?

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2017, 10:48 AM
Gravity is my enemy
Cool idea, my only thought would be searching out a "cartoon F35" as it would be much shorter and maneuverable on a chair. yet still get the airplane vibe.
Sep 08, 2017, 11:52 AM
I may have to go that route. I was hoping to keep it as realistic as possible, but the wingspan is 7.5 feet in the cad model right now.
Sep 08, 2017, 04:09 PM
Mike's Ma Maaaaaaaaan
Hi, humbled, anyone spending their time helping others gets my vote.
Just found the web site and think that it's a great idea so you guys have my respect.

I would like to help but I am in Europe. What do you think about a sound module???? I know that they exist and I THINK that you can get them with Jet noise....... Don't want to take anything away from your project but it could be sooooooooooooooo cool to have jet noises as the little guy flies down the corridor!!!

What do you think?? If you are interested PM me, I will investigate, purchase a module and send it to you. Unfortunately you will have to fit it as from here to there is a bit far. Is there a power source on the wheelchair or do we need batteries/ charger???

Just click my name and PM me or reply here.

PaulB
Sep 08, 2017, 05:16 PM
I'm meeting with another team member tomorrow to go over electronics. I would love to have sounds on it.

So far the plans include a Nerf n strike Rhino mounted to the plane, afterburner lights and a cockpit with lights and switches.

If there's interest I'll keep the project updated in here. We're planning to do the reveal for the family a few days before Halloween.
Sep 08, 2017, 05:50 PM
I finally figured out how to convert to .eps. I also have .dxf and .pdf I'm attaching the pdf in case anyone wants it.
Sep 08, 2017, 06:34 PM
Cá bhfuil an linn snámha?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botb78
I'm meeting with another team member tomorrow to go over electronics. I would love to have sounds on it.

So far the plans include a Nerf n strike Rhino mounted to the plane, afterburner lights and a cockpit with lights and switches.

If there's interest I'll keep the project updated in here. We're planning to do the reveal for the family a few days before Halloween.
Nerf rhino may be a bit too big. But that may be what the design requires. For less mass I would suggest a stryfe, you can easily get a large capacity mag for it. That's semi auto, though. If full auto is desired, probably a rapid strike if you can find them or a hyperfire. Both still less mass.
Sep 08, 2017, 10:05 PM
Thanks, I'll look into them, I really don't know much about Nerf guns. I haven't checked into dimensions on the Rhino yet, it just looks really cool on the videos I've seen.
Sep 09, 2017, 04:31 AM

f-5

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...alsa-kit-plans
Sep 13, 2017, 11:25 AM
Mike's Ma Maaaaaaaaan
Hi,

started another thread to try and get some information and it is looking good.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...se%21%21%21%21

Does the wheelchair have power?? If so how many volts?

Cheers,

Paul