This thread is privately moderated by Petem, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 08, 2017, 01:44 AM
If it flies - I want one!
Thread OP
Discussion

Thunderbolt 42

Spotted a set of Sbach 342 wings for sale cheap on RC Trader and thought: 'I reckon I could make an interesting flying wing out of those!'
They came with servos installed, so all it needed was a fuselage and running gear - how hard can it be?
In the end, it flew very nicely, but we had some adventures along the way.
Again, the pictures tell all.
Cheers,
PeteM
Last edited by Petem; Sep 09, 2017 at 12:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2017, 01:46 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
That's a neat-looking model. The lines remind me of ApexAero's forward-swept models, except obviously not forward-swept. I particularly like the way you extrapolated the original trim scheme onto the tail.

The name is resourceful. Looking at the first picture, you could have also named it "3 Engines" and left people to scratch their heads
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Sep 16, 2017, 01:30 AM
Thread OP
Thank you - never thought of '3 Engines' though; that would indeed be a head-scratcher!
Just had a squiz at your blog, and very taken by the pylon racer series, especially the Slipso! I still have the guts from my HK Super Kinetic, and might have a go at turning that into a fun, fast airframe from balsa.
I chuckled at the Firebird story - I bought one of the early Firebirds (yellow) many years ago and had fun with it till I blinked on one flight and never saw it again. My flying mate thought that was extremely funny, till he went out the next day and his did the same! We must have hit the 'cloak' switch by mistake.
Cheers,
Pete
Feb 22, 2018, 06:53 PM
JOHN STANLEY
I SEE THE TWO MESSAGES THAT HAVE BEEN WRITTEN, AND VERY WELL INDEED THANK YOU, BUT AM STILL UNABLE TO SEND MY REPLYS...ON THOSE SITES/PAGES...BUT...STILL TRYING. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE ARE DUMBFOUNDED THAT I TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND USE EXCLAMATION MARKS...AND THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS ...GET USED TO IT...lololhahahlolol...John...!!!
Feb 27, 2018, 07:53 PM
Thread OP
Hi John,
Receiving you loud and clear. If you just want to comment in a thread (like this or any other), just click on the 'Reply' button bottom left, then type and click on 'submit reply' at bottom centre.
If you want to attach pictures or files, scroll lower on the screen to something like 'Manage Attachments' and work from there.
I'll send you a PM after this just to check the system - your screen will show a '1' in a red circle near your name top right in the RCGroups window.
If you want to send a Private Message to a member, click on the little envelope symbol in the thread information window on the left. And again, type in the window and click 'Submit'.
Cheers,
Pete
Last edited by Petem; Feb 28, 2018 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Added comment re attachments

Quick Reply