Sep 07, 2017, 12:52 PM
Timelord
Thread OP
Discussion

AMA Plans Service Sale

AMA members can take 20% off their plans orders from September 15 through October 31, 2017. AMA Plans Services now houses all plans formerly sold through Model Builder magazine, Bill Northrop’s Plan Service, and the Scratch Builder’s Almanac. There are more than 1,000 plans in the collection.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/plans/plans.aspx
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2017, 10:04 PM
Culper Junior
This is an old thought, but it would be nice to see what a model looks like to know if we'd be interested in building it. A rough guess would say 10% tops of all the plans show a picture.

My two cents.
Dec 23, 2017, 01:34 PM
Rough Landing
As an active AMA member, you can keep your plans service. It is almost flat out useless. I have tried several times to order and have given up. In todays digital age there is no reason for the archaic method you have of ordering plans.

The worst part about it is the AMA is losing out on a great revenue generator by not updating this service. The philosophy of that's the way we have always done it is typical of any good ole boys club. Time for some new blood that understands todays methods. You have a wonderful money generating resource, you are just too stuck in the past to do anything with it. Good luck, I will get plans elsewhere.

Might add your plans service dictates that you know exactly what you are looking for. For browsing plans it is a total waste of time. No pictures makes it useless. If you do know what you are looking for, trying to get it ordered is a joke. Like I am going to give my credit card info to someone I don't know over the phone..... Thats secure?????? Hopefully one morning you guys wake up and smell the coffee. If you do, you will realize the money generating potential of the mixed up mess you currently have. Sorry to rant, but I pay my dues and find this mess unacceptable/inexcusable.
Last edited by rainyday101; Dec 24, 2017 at 06:08 PM.
Jan 30, 2018, 06:32 AM

Here Here rainyday101

Good call rainy what a shame these people are the future of the sport and it seems they simply would rather die with the most item's squirreled away! Instead of passing the torch to the next generation who are in fact the real future! It's a shame as the old guy's are falling over thick and fast and taking 100s of year's of knowledge in the hole with them! Does it really pay to be the smartest guy in the cemetery? Someone needs to take the initiative and try and tell them but then your in jeopardy of the crowd turning on YOU!! I have a family member who has done exactly this for 50 year's! New member arrives to learn or look at flying models and this clown thinks it's his job to run them off! Typical little man syndrome! I remember in Jail one time a guy in one of the world's largest motorcycle gangs in the world pointed at a hunched up shifty old man with beady little eye's watching everyone in the play pen! He said to me "that's the most dangerous man in prison" I laughed as this guy couldn't butter his toast! So I said to this Sgt at Arms "that old guy in the corner?" He said "yep" I thought about it for a while and then said "doesn't look like he could pull up his bed sheets!" This biker then said "it's because he is a coward and that makes him the most dangerous kind of man!!"

Quick Reply