Oct 03, 2017, 12:49 AM
Using blue mode with a TX having only a two position switch:

Mode is controlled on my original DX7 by the landing gear switch, the LG switch is only two position and only lets you use green mode or red mode. What I really need is for the LG switch to select either green mode or blue mode. Red mode is something I'll probably use, since red does not have self leveling and is too sensitive for my flying.

The Gen 1 DX7 has sub-trim on all seven channels. Sub trim controls servo centering, of course the Plus does not have servos, but the sub-trim does control signal centering and that's what we need. So, setting the Gear sub-trim to +125, causes the gear switch to give either green or blue mode, red mode can't be selected with the sub trim set at +125. This setting is win-win! I can use either green or blue mode and can switch between them in flight. But, I can't accidently get red mode, which is crash mode for me.

Problem solved, the Plus flies just excellent in blue mode.

I tired takeoff in blue mode, establishing an altitude I want and then changing to green mode to hold that desired altitude. That works. For landing, I switch back from green mode to blue mode so I have the throttle control needed for a good landing.

Note on green mode altitude hold: When using altitude hold, the Plus can oscillate between two altitudes, rising and falling a couple feet above and below the desired altitude. This is in a room that has AC and fan currents. Don't know what altitude hold will do in calm conditions, but I seldom fly in actual calm.

Remaining problem is the video camera being aimed slightly up. For now I'll just fly in blue or green mode and be happy with the low twitch factor of the Plus.

Hope this helps somebody.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2017, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin4740
Got mine Friday and have run about 6 batteries through it so far.

Really wishing Horizon had unlocked the entire E band - not sure if this is an FCC limitation or what but what they're calling the E band is definitely not what the receiver in my goggles thinks it is. I'd standardized everything on E4 before getting this bird but am now

Thanks Horizon!
I read in the instructions for something FPV from the HH stable something about holding down the VTX channel button for quite a while ( can't remember how many seconds or if it has to be held down before battery connection ? ) but it unlocked other channels/frequencies. but I am in the UK and we have different rules to the US.

another consideration is that bands are not always called the same letter A. B. E. F etc between manufacturers. they mostly match up but our group has issues when using eachine stuff with fatshark. it is much better to use the 4 digit frequency rather than F6 or E3.
Last edited by locoworks; Oct 03, 2017 at 02:33 AM.
Oct 03, 2017, 08:01 AM
Anyone find alternative batteries for this yet? I want to grab a few more but not having much luck finding the high current UMX connector on anything but E-flights.
I checked Babblebats and thought about his BB Hyp (1S) 550mAh 25C w/UM connector $11.95 but id rather not change connectors.
Oct 03, 2017, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savall21
Cool. Can anybody confirm flight times on the plus?
I only have 4 packs through mine but all 4 were over my 5 minute timer. This was with very moderate flight. I'm a quad noob and cant do the fast fancy stuff yet.
I will run some more through it and post results.
Oct 03, 2017, 09:20 AM
Anyone know how to set it up with a DX6i? I set my flaps to on and off and it will not arm the motors
Last edited by parkzoneX; Oct 03, 2017 at 09:32 AM.
Oct 03, 2017, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msquared
Anyone find alternative batteries for this yet? I want to grab a few more but not having much luck finding the high current UMX connector on anything but E-flights.
I checked Babblebats and thought about his BB Hyp (1S) 550mAh 25C w/UM connector $11.95 but id rather not change connectors.
check my post #58 for link. they fit the QX2 FPV so ought to fit this, when mine turns up in a few weeks I will know for definite. also search for hyperion 550's but they don't seem to do them anymore that look like the eflite battery, only with a red JST connector on a short lead so you'd have to swap connectors
Oct 03, 2017, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoworks
check my post #58 for link. they fit the QX2 FPV so ought to fit this, when mine turns up in a few weeks I will know for definite. also search for hyperion 550's but they don't seem to do them anymore that look like the eflite battery, only with a red JST connector on a short lead so you'd have to swap connectors
Problem with those is that they're about the same price as the Eflites, plus shipping from Germany. Might as well buy Eflite. Or as you said change to JST connector (which I'm considering at this point). How is the high current UMX connector different from the regular UMX connector anyway?
Oct 03, 2017, 10:14 AM
I had the same issue, couldnt find the right battery from any place either,i just went ahead and bought 5 of them, here is the difference of the two, basically the first one is 1.25 and the second one is high current is 2.0 in size, almost twice the size. This is what plagued the Inductrix FPV , people where only getting 2-3 minute flights because the battery connector couldnt handle the current., so looks like HH covered their base with this one.
Oct 03, 2017, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoysagk
Problem with those is that they're about the same price as the Eflites, plus shipping from Germany. Might as well buy Eflite. Or as you said change to JST connector (which I'm considering at this point). How is the high current UMX connector different from the regular UMX connector anyway?
Ah yes, I'm in the UK and buy from a UK vendor, they are much cheaper than eflites for me to buy. as the post above me says the PH2 is about twice the size. if you look at the link I posted on post #71 you can see both size charging sockets next to each other on the same paraboard.
Oct 03, 2017, 01:33 PM
I do have several of these 500mah batteries from my blade 120s. Guess I could make an adapter.

I thought I could do it with one of these, but its the wrong direction. I need jst to UMXHC male.
This cable is UMXHC female to UMX male. https://goo.gl/images/An6Nio
Anyone found the UMXHC male connectors loose?

Might be worth switching everything to micro deans....
Last edited by msquared; Oct 03, 2017 at 01:43 PM.
Oct 03, 2017, 02:29 PM
On the ol' Interweb
Msquared, you’d be better off just switching the FC battery pigtail to JST-RCY if you know 25C will be good enough to power the FPV+. I run JST-RCY on one of my FPV-converted Inductrix quads and get the longest flight times with that connector. You can cut the Molex 1.25 connector close and solder the RCY pins to the existing wires.
Oct 03, 2017, 04:36 PM
thats what i would do too, it sucks having a different battery for every new quad you get, i always try to find a quad that i already have a battery for.
in this case for the Plus, i didnt have any so i ordered me new ones, but i have on several occasions cut the wire from the FC and added the desired one on.
Oct 03, 2017, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reteeph
I had the same issue, couldnt find the right battery from any place either,i just went ahead and bought 5 of them, here is the difference of the two, basically the first one is 1.25 and the second one is high current is 2.0 in size, almost twice the size. This is what plagued the Inductrix FPV , people where only getting 2-3 minute flights because the battery connector couldnt handle the current., so looks like HH covered their base with this one.
Thanks for the info.
Oct 04, 2017, 09:34 AM
So, is agility mode really a headless mode or is it a standard acro mode? I'm ready to buy one but after hearing (one) review state it's not a true acro im a little nervous. The stabilized modes are nice but I fly the whoop in Acro and don't plan to do different with this.
Oct 04, 2017, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkzoneX
Anyone know how to set it up with a DX6i? I set my flaps to on and off and it will not arm the motors
My friendly hobbyshop managed to resolved this for me. You have to reverse both the gear and flap channel. In addition, set the travel adj for flap to 125% for both ends. To arm it, turn on, off and then on again to simulate a momentary switch and the motors will spin now. Do the same thing to disarm.

As DX6i only have 2 option switch, by default u will get altitude and acro mode. However, you u can change this by setting your travel adj for gear switch. Set it to 20% instead of the default 100% and you will get altitude and stable mode now.

I have attached photos of my settings. Hope this helps fellow DX6i guys out there.

Quick Reply