Oct 27, 2017, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Racer 1

But I dont have Meow mode,

Red Racer 1

is meow mode now available in betaflight??? I thought I heard somewhere it was but isn't much use on normal quads because the props tend to hit the floor.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2017, 05:45 AM
On the ol' Interweb
Betaflight 3.2.0

New: Flip inverted quad on ground (anti-turtle mode) (@brycedjohnson)

https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...ses/tag/v3.2.0
Oct 27, 2017, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the link Taz
Oct 28, 2017, 06:49 AM
Fly safe, fly often!

I received my Inductrix FPV+ yesterday and some extra batteries

Is it true if I leave the battery connected to the USB charger after it's fully charged, then the battery will be - or could be damaged?

When the USB charger completes the charge cycle, shouldn't the charger automatically shut down charging to the battery?

I haven't done any FPV in years - I'm hoping to fly this thing today - woo hoo!

Oct 29, 2017, 08:46 AM
Would the yellow inductrix props work on this machine?
Oct 29, 2017, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanian
Would the yellow inductrix props work on this machine?
no. they are 30mm +/- the fpv plus is 40mm +/-. rakon heli do props, and there are spares for something on banggood that are also 40mm +/- but not sure of the pitch?
Oct 29, 2017, 01:57 PM
Will work for heli's
lost a motor today, probably about 15 flights on it :-(
Oct 29, 2017, 05:03 PM
What is the consensus on the best non stock/$12 battery?
I’m fine with changing the Connector on the fpv plus, I just don’t want to pay $12 a battery
Oct 29, 2017, 09:50 PM
Will work for heli's
I went with Hyperion - HP-G550-0550S1MCP $4.10 ea.

uses stock connector
Oct 29, 2017, 10:27 PM
Project Mockingbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwoodtheone
lost a motor today, probably about 15 flights on it :-(
Lost my front right after about 25 flights...blew it out with some canned air, and it came back for 2 flights. I honestly didn't even use Meow Mode that much.

I welded the struts at the motor ports, and later had a back left duct have cracks in it. I don't crash that much and they aren't even that hard of crashes. These are things my stock inductrix reinforced frame has handled as well as the BetaFPV 65s lighter frame, which has been great!
Oct 30, 2017, 05:58 AM
Fly safe, fly often!

After barely getting into FPV a few years ago and then stopping, I have returned with the Inductrix FPV+

For the past two days I have been flying around inside my house and inside my garage

My respect for FPV flyers is very high - this is much more difficult than I thought it would be!

I'm flying on blue mode, still having lots of fun but wondering when this will "click" - when am I going to feel comfy flying FPV?

The answer is probably simple --> practice, practice, and then more practice (ha)

I'm looking for a larger area to fly - that should also help

I appreciate all the comments, observations, suggestions, and recommendations on this thread - very helpful!

Fly safe, fly often, enjoy it!

Oct 30, 2017, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwoodtheone
I went with Hyperion - HP-G550-0550S1MCP $4.10 ea.

uses stock connector
https://hyperion-world.com/en/p26617...550s1mcp-12799 but shipping costs have to be added.

I posted this one earlier: https://www.banggood.com/500mAh-37V-...0-p-89020.html and shipping is free if you buy 5 or more.
Last edited by pmisuinas; Oct 30, 2017 at 06:38 AM.
Oct 30, 2017, 11:57 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz_Man

After barely getting into FPV a few years ago and then stopping, I have returned with the Inductrix FPV+

For the past two days I have been flying around inside my house and inside my garage

My respect for FPV flyers is very high - this is much more difficult than I thought it would be!

I'm flying on blue mode, still having lots of fun but wondering when this will "click" - when am I going to feel comfy flying FPV?

The answer is probably simple --> practice, practice, and then more practice (ha)
goggle.
I'm looking for a larger area to fly - that should also help

I appreciate all the comments, observations, suggestions, and recommendations on this thread - very helpful!

Fly safe, fly often, enjoy it!

What are you using as a viewer? I struggled with FPV a long time before I finally bought a VUEXL FPV goggle. It all eaiser right away. These goggles are great. they are not cheap, but they are VERY good and it makes things a lot better.
vue xl vx 1 fpv headset
Ron
Oct 30, 2017, 04:49 PM
Fly safe, fly often!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek
What are you using as a viewer?

I'm using FatShark V3's - thank you for the suggestion - I have another pair of FatShark goggles in the garage but I think they're older than these

Using the FatShark V3's I think I can see everything okay - for me, being new to FPV, the problem is . . . well, it's just not as easy flying around slowly in a small area as I thought it would be - my Inductrix FPV+ is very stable up/down, roll, pitch, yaw - the problem is not the little quad, it's the pilot

I find myself enjoying the line-of-sight flights - I don't crash when I fly LOS but toss on the FPV goggles and . . . look out . . . crash city to the max (ha)

Nov 01, 2017, 03:33 AM
Sir
Got my Inductrix in a few days ago, finally got around to trying to mess with it today. Tried to bind it to the controller that came with my original inductrix MLP4DSM, it looks like the plus binds but the two white LED's just keep blinking and I have no motor control. After about 15 seconds of letting it sit with the battery in while I looked at trouble shooting in the manual it was starting to smell like a hot glue gun. Anyone else's have a slight burning smell?

Quick Reply