This thread is privately moderated by J Morgan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 06, 2017, 09:00 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Build Log

F2A Brewster Buffalo at 1/5th scale

So I finally finished up with Sparky's B-52 and am ready to start a big Brewster Buffalo. Seems people either love or hate. I love 'em.
I've lost count on how many I have built so far but this will be the biggest and hopefully very scale.
I'm building off Jerry Bates excellent plans but of course won't follow the balsa/ply build but will do it in a light weight fashion
from foam. This follows up on how I built the IL-2 and I do want to see if I can improve on that build.
To see how lightweight a plane can be built you should check out the wonderful build in Electric Warbirds of ALEZE's.
Link to that here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...f-foam-plastic

He has many methods we can use to improve our models and he shows just how light a large model can be built.

I will start this build thread in the Giant Electric Planes forum. Will post a link shortly. It can be followed there since I will
only update the blog here when some meaningful things happen in the build.
Here's a link to the new build thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...lo-a-1-5-scale
1:5 scale Brewster F2A Buffalo (84" wingspan) by John Morgan - MAIDEN FLIGHT! SEFF 2018 (11 min 4 sec)

1:5 Brewster Buffalo Scratch Build - Maiden Flight at SEFF 2018 (3 min 56 sec)

Brewster F2A Buffalo by John Morgan (9 min 8 sec)

Video from St. George Utah in Sept 2018. Little ground loop popped the starboard strut hinge point loose. Easy fix.

Brewster F2A-2 Buffalo (1:5 Scale) by John Morgan - St. George Utah, 2018 (7 min 11 sec)
Last edited by J Morgan; Oct 04, 2018 at 12:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2017, 12:27 AM
Conestoga Pilot
I see you are a fan of the Buffalo as well! I have built a few of my own. Currently I have one about 50 inch span in Finnish colors but I can't find pics of it even though its flown. I'll have to get some tomorrow. Here are a couple of my past Buffs.

Quick Reply