Canterbury "J" # 532 - Page 6 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 16, 2017, 10:16 PM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Nice to have met you Ray &Steven last week at El Dorado park. The brass for this boat goes well Ray. Keep up the plan you wanted for this boat...she is turning out great so far.
Obviously you got home safely Steven....man that has to be a grueling drive. I know how dry it is taking the 5 to N. CA when I have to do that.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2017, 11:17 AM
Standing rigging moviing right along, starting Jib layout ,, thinking out loud again...... need to buy more stuff,
Dec 20, 2017, 05:31 PM
I have stepped the mast and made primary adjustments, eyeball view says may have slight HOOkielao to port I look at this boat and I see Blue water under her, a bone in her teeth and crew in the windward rail, riding the sea, riding nature doing a transpac in a cruiser/racer nice.... waiting, for more stuff this is got to be the wose time to buy something online and its not here the very next day... panic stes in...
Dec 21, 2017, 06:50 AM
Suspended Account
Looking at your mast step the thought occurred to me, why not use a shell casing from a .45 for the base of the mast? Just thinking out loud. Ideas for future consideration.
Dec 21, 2017, 08:09 AM
Modeler/ Historian
Looks great Ray. She will be on the water soon?
Dec 21, 2017, 06:14 PM
hope so, waiting for sails and more hardware then rigging,,,, went to OSH yesterday for 1/16 cotter pins, 2 pins in a plastic bag .87 not including tax, walked out, went to the Home Depot, 5 pins .47 a pack, walked out they do not have a 100 pin bulk pac , go on line they say pay 1.25 / box and shipping $ 7 shipping and handling.......
Dec 22, 2017, 10:52 AM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
My local True Value hdwe is good at stocking bulk parts at a good price, no shipping.
Dec 22, 2017, 01:30 PM
BBBP, thanks for the heads up on the pins at True value, went there this AM. 100 pins $2.19/ box... I bought 2 boxes, you did good, boy...
Dec 22, 2017, 05:02 PM

Canterbury J Sails

Ray: Your new Canterbury J sails were shipped 48 hours after you placed your order. You'll have them well before Santa comes down the chimney. Waiting and waiting for sails is not something that one has to endure when dealing with us. 90% of all orders ship within 4 days!! Happy Holidays to everyone.

Rod Carr, CARR SAILS
Dec 22, 2017, 09:34 PM
Rod, they showed up today thank you...
Jan 01, 2018, 06:23 PM
The postman and the UPS guy came and went, hardware showed up, sails look nice, ,, well how does one rig this boat I looked for sailboat rigging 101, oh yeah there isn't any, think and ponder .... lash things down hoist up, aft and fore,,, my mind says start at the pointy end work your way aft, by the time you get there, you will know way around.... oh yeah, I will bend the mainsail with a Jack wire...
Jan 02, 2018, 08:00 AM
Very nicely done, Ray!
Jan 02, 2018, 10:24 AM
Modeler/ Historian
Sweet boat Ray! I love the red sail accents.
Jan 07, 2018, 01:50 PM
I have bent the mainsail to the mast, I like the way it drapes
Jan 10, 2018, 06:48 PM
I have just finished with the basic rigging, , now to decide as to how to fine tune the outhauls and topping lift the vang did trouble me a bit , now I see how it was to function...... I have not yet decided various colors to use, my brain says use a wine color, to see it clearly I would have to empty the bottle.... clearly.....

Quick Reply