Bridi Sun-Fli 4 for TBD-2 Build Off - RC Groups
Sep 06, 2017, 02:15 PM
Scale Addict
Build Log

Bridi Sun-Fli 4 for TBD-2 Build Off

I am sneaking in at he end of this build-off, (models to be completed by Oct 31) but I have wanted to do a classic Bridi bird for awhile now and this seemed like the perfect time. I downloaded and printed the plans from outerzone, and went shopping in the basement for materials. I have a decent start and an order placed for most of the remaining bits. Plan is to power this with an 800 watt electric system on 5S.

TBD-2 The Baker's Dozen 2 Build-Off
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2017, 02:34 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Entry posted FT, I'll be following with interest.
Sep 08, 2017, 03:20 AM
Awesome! Good luck with your build, an electric SF is a great proposition!
Sep 13, 2017, 09:50 AM
PhoenixFlyer
Sun-Fli. I have the 1965 date or thereabouts English AeroModeller mag here somewhere, with that plane and Kraft. Thanks for the build.

V V
Oct 24, 2017, 12:49 AM
Scale Addict
9 days and counting...I figured I should get started. Took a day of vacation to work around the house and mamaged to get the wing framed up. The house looks much better now
Oct 24, 2017, 03:32 AM
Excellent work!
Oct 24, 2017, 06:11 AM
Looks great and I am anxious to watch your approaching deadline!
Oct 26, 2017, 12:32 AM
Scale Addict
Fuse parts cut and starting to come together. Six days left....
Oct 31, 2017, 01:41 AM
Scale Addict
I wrapped up the tail feathers and got them fitted to the fuse. All was looking good with about 36 hours to go in the build-off and then tradegy struck. I glassed the center section of the wing this morning hoping to do a quick final sanding followed by monokote tonight. I got home from work and found a big sticky mess on the bottom of the wing. My resin never set. No way I am hitting the Oct 31st deadline, but still happy with the progress I made in the short time I have invested in this project.
Oct 31, 2017, 10:42 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
That's a shame FT - transfer it to the CAP2017?
Nov 01, 2017, 02:29 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTyger
I wrapped up the tail feathers and got them fitted to the fuse. All was looking good with about 36 hours to go in the build-off and then tradegy struck. I glassed the center section of the wing this morning hoping to do a quick final sanding followed by monokote tonight. I got home from work and found a big sticky mess on the bottom of the wing. My resin never set. No way I am hitting the Oct 31st deadline, but still happy with the progress I made in the short time I have invested in this project.
Good effort. I thought you were cutting it a bit close.
Nov 03, 2017, 04:25 AM
You are gonna finish it even though you missed the deadline, right? I was so looking forward to seeing this plane done :-)
Nov 05, 2017, 04:03 PM
Scale Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwold
You are gonna finish it even though you missed the deadline, right? I was so looking forward to seeing this plane done :-)
Absolutely!!! The epoxy is curing, just very slowly. As soon as the stickyness disappears I will be right back on it.