Three New Aircraft From Force RC - Horizon Hobby - RC Groups

Three New Aircraft From Force RC - Horizon Hobby

Let's take a look at three new offerings from FORCE RC, part of the family of brands from Horizon Hobby.

Splash

FORCE Bare Bear PNP

The Bare Bear is a "naked" Rare Bear, ready for your custom graphics scheme or foam-safe paint job. Coming in at 880mm (34.6"), the Bare Bear is an out-the-box 100+ MPH foam racer when paired with a 4S 3300mAH LiPo. It includes a 15-sized 1200kv brushless motor and 8x8 propeller, 70-amp ESC, and four 16-gram metal-geared servos. The Bare Bear sells for $159.99.

CLICK HERE for more information on the FORCE RC Bare Bear.

FORCE F-18 Blue Angel V2 PNP

The new F-18 from FORCE RC comes with an 11-blade 64mm fan and a 2627-5100Kv brushless motor and 50A ESC. Together, with a 2200–2600mAh 4S 14.8V LiPo, they provide a more than 1:1 thrust-to-weight ratio for unlimited vertical performance. Five micro servos are also included with the F-18 Blue Angel V2 PNP. The plane retails for $149.99 and is available for pre-order at Horizon Hobby.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Force RC F-18 Blue Angel V2 PNP

FORCE Pulse 1.4m PNP

The Pulse 1.4m PNP has been around for a few years under the E-flite brand, so this isn't a new aircraft. However, the pricing is "new and improved", coming in at a respectable $139.99 for the PNP version. The pulse includes gear for both tricycle and tail-dragger configurations, and optional floats are also available.

CLICK HERE for more nfo on the FORCE RC Pulse 1.4m PNP

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Sep 06, 2017 at 01:02 PM..
Sep 06, 2017, 01:56 PM
DFS#000178
"New" aircraft.

Haha.

The Pulse especially. It was a turd, EFlite didn't want their name on it anymore, so they pushed it off to "Force RC"..

If they did anything to fix all the issues, the Pulse might be worth $140.00, but since I severely doubt they've done anything except peel EFlite's name off of it and stamp ForceRC's name onto it, it's probably still a turd.

Basically, just 3 old FMS planes given new life under a new brand.
Sep 06, 2017, 02:03 PM
The Rare Bear was not FMS.

The concept of offering it bear for personal customization is good IMO. There should be more of that. The E-flite plane was good and popular.
Sep 06, 2017, 03:06 PM
The Pulse 15E is a good plane at the new price point, and as long as you do some basic modifications:

1. Use a smoothed out bead of Foam Tac (or Blenderm tape) on all of the foam hinges to strengthen them.
2. Use some carbon flats on the inside of the forward fuse running lengthwise to stop it from twisting.
3. Use a carbon flat on the rear of the fuse (cut a groove on the bottom of the fuse in the joint line, slide in the flat, then ca in place) to prevent the rear fuse from twisting.

I did these on mine and it solved the problems noted by others. I sold off mine after a dozen flights because it was a little too mild for me, but the plane was a good flyer nevertheless.
Sep 06, 2017, 03:10 PM

Hope they bring back those FMS F5 64mm , it is a great jet :-)
Sep 06, 2017, 04:34 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
The Pulse 15E is a good plane at the new price point, and as long as you do some basic modifications:

1. Use a smoothed out bead of Foam Tac (or Blenderm tape) on all of the foam hinges to strengthen them.
2. Use some carbon flats on the inside of the forward fuse running lengthwise to stop it from twisting.
3. Use a carbon flat on the rear of the fuse (cut a groove on the bottom of the fuse in the joint line, slide in the flat, then ca in place) to prevent the rear fuse from twisting.

I did these on mine and it solved the problems noted by others. I sold off mine after a dozen flights because it was a little too mild for me, but the plane was a good flyer nevertheless.
Or just buy something that's more rigid and won't shed control surfaces without having to redesign it.
Sep 07, 2017, 02:36 AM
If you cant spend 10-15 minutes of your life to do those modifications, by all means get something else. But I did on mine, and I have enjoyed it a lot for some years now without any issues, its a very nice sports plane. However, after I got the Commander it propbably wont get as much airtime as it used to.
Sep 07, 2017, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Or just buy something that's more rigid and won't shed control surfaces without having to redesign it.
True. For a little bit more money the Valiant 1.3 is outstanding.
Sep 07, 2017, 07:39 AM
Glad to see the Rare Bear is back, even if it ghost white. Will be interesting to see the paint creations on this great rc plane design. Will be ordering one.
Sep 07, 2017, 10:11 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrre
If you cant spend 10-15 minutes of your life to do those modifications, by all means get something else. But I did on mine, and I have enjoyed it a lot for some years now without any issues, its a very nice sports plane. However, after I got the Commander it propbably wont get as much airtime as it used to.
I tried it.

Twice.

Never again. Worst plane I've ever owned. Only plane I've ever given (the second one) away.
Sep 07, 2017, 10:31 AM
The Rare Bear is excellent - especially at a lower price... I'd like it better in a different paint scheme...

True, it is not my favorite plane. But it is good… It just doesn't really suit me as well as some of my other planes… I don't like for example that it needs big expensive batteries. And it's the only plane I have that does need those… I prefer 4s 2200's which I can use in multiple models...

Still, I'd probably buy a bare white one at a lower price... Seeing it all white like that is cool. Sssoooo many possibilities... Military camo, maybe Russian grey with big red stars, Blue Angel, or just white with stickers... Very cool concept offering bare planes like that at lower prices... It's almost like they listened to me in some of the other threads about Parkzone...

Unfortunately it probably won't make it to Europe…
Sep 07, 2017, 03:48 PM
The Rare Bear is kind of a decent deal. The MPX Dogfighter RR is almost $200. have to paint that as well, and A LOT more work to complete it.
Sep 07, 2017, 05:11 PM
DFS#000178
Anything Multiplex is by default ridiculously overpriced.
Sep 07, 2017, 05:12 PM
Slopin Eh!
Please bring back the BALSA Mini pulse....best smaller sport plane ive flown in 25 years
Sep 07, 2017, 06:01 PM
The Mini Ultra Stick? I don't recall a balsa Mini Pulse. Just 25e and XT40 and XT 60.

Andy