PixHawk2.1 Edison With Here GNSS Kit - Available at FoxTech - RC Groups

PixHawk2.1 Edison With Here GNSS Kit - Available at FoxTech

The latest PixHawk2 version offers improved computing power and also includes an accurate Here GPS unit.

Splash

Get The PixHawk2.1 Edison at FoxTech Hobby

The new PixHawk2.1 Edison version boasts higher computing power with it's dual-core atom processor. Included with the bundle is a Here GNSS GPS module with large ground plane for more accuracy and less interference. The PixHawk2.1 Edison sells for $325 at FoxTech Hobby. Let's see what FoxTech says about this newly updated flight controller.

CLICK HERE for more info on the PixHawk2.1 Edison With Here GNSS Kit - Available at FoxTech

From FoxTech Hobby:

This Pixhawk2.1 Intel Edison version is ideal for those who are looking for more computing power with Pixhawk 2.1 autopilot. With its dual core atom processor the Edison compute module will have loads of processing power for whatever application you decide to use this autopilot for(computer vision tasks or advanced flight algorithms). At the heart of the pixhawk 2 is the cube, which is an isolated and damped high precision, redundant IMU unit to ensure the flight calculations are accurate, and reliable. The intel Edison compute module simply plugs into this pixhawk 2.1 carrier board and provides all of the I/O functionality of the standard Pixhawk 2 carrier board.

This kit includes the precision Here GNSS GPS module with large ground plane for accurate and interference free GPS positioning. So you just need to add your own Intel Edison compute module to use this autopilot.

Features:

• Triple redundant vibration damped IMU with support for up to 3 GPS modules
  • All in one design with integrated FMU
  • Heating system to fly in very low temperatures
  • Lots of I/O ports
  • Directly compatible with Intel Edison module (intel edison module not included)
  • Onboard battery backup for FMU and IO SRAM/RTC
  • Separate power supplies for FMU and IO

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Sep 06, 2017 at 12:48 PM..
Sep 06, 2017, 03:08 PM
I'm confused. they released a new product based around a discontinued board?

I get that the edison is optional, but it may never be an option.
Sep 07, 2017, 11:50 AM
Fly No Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
I'm confused. they released a new product based around a discontinued board?

I get that the edison is optional, but it may never be an option.
It wasn't discontinued when the carrier was released.
Sep 07, 2017, 04:22 PM
WJH
WJH
Re-Born Foam Lover
Pixhawk 2 was discontinued? The 56$ Pixhawk 2.4.8 from Banggood is a rock solid board.
Sep 07, 2017, 04:46 PM
Fly No Evil
The Edison
Sep 07, 2017, 05:40 PM
WJH
WJH
Re-Born Foam Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbitton
The Edison
Edison was overly expensive with all of its addon boards
Sep 07, 2017, 10:04 PM
Fly No Evil
Check this out. PH2 carrier w/ Pi compute module

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...odule-3-dronee
Sep 08, 2017, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbitton
Check this out. PH2 carrier w/ Pi compute module

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...odule-3-dronee
That is a much better solution.
Sep 08, 2017, 09:50 AM
WJH
WJH
Re-Born Foam Lover
Am I the only one that thinks they are shooting themselves in the foot trying to do too much? The PH2 just screams feature creep.