Robbe Atlantis re-fit - Page 7 - RC Groups
Dec 13, 2017, 11:56 PM
Kevin Gault
Looking sharp Stephen!

Kevin
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2017, 12:00 AM
Indeed the brushed copper paint looks awesome ... looking really good Steven

Was great to meet you and others this past weekend at the Long Bch El Derado Fun Sail gathering - hopefully your drive back to TX went smoothly ... hope to see you again next Yr
Dec 14, 2017, 06:20 AM
Modeler/ Historian
Name changed to "Phoenix" . In honor of my Wife Christina who has adopted the Phoenix as her personal symbol (New Beginnings)...
Last edited by Stephen Vick; Feb 23, 2018 at 08:46 AM.
Dec 14, 2017, 06:27 AM
Suspended Account
Just curious but why did you go with BRUSHED copper vice spray?
Dec 14, 2017, 07:37 AM
Modeler/ Historian
LOL.... It was sprayed...
Dec 15, 2017, 08:10 AM
Modeler/ Historian
Boot topping is forest green with copper accent stripe. I have no idea why the pics are all upside down.
Last edited by Stephen Vick; Dec 15, 2017 at 10:49 AM.
Dec 16, 2017, 08:33 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Vick
LOL.... It was sprayed...
Ah! I see it now. Brushes as in effect vice application. Senior moment! (Now that I'm 65, I can use that excuse!)

Hey, it was 7:27 AM when I posted that. No doubt I had only one cup of coffee in me at the time if that.
Dec 16, 2017, 06:08 PM
Modeler/ Historian
I have such moments myself. Things are rapidly coming together. I find myself at a crossroads. Do I install RC gear and rig or complete the cabins first ?
Dec 16, 2017, 10:26 PM
Dang!....What else did I bring
They should not interfer with one another....right?
However I find if I finish with the eye candy first....I move much faster in finishing the project.
Dec 17, 2017, 04:16 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Vick
I have such moments myself. Things are rapidly coming together. I find myself at a crossroads. Do I install RC gear and rig or complete the cabins first ?
I tend to do both at the same time and alternate between the two. Since I scratch build much of my bling, I never do any two the same way. So I work on one while thinking through a problem with the other.

I have to get back on my 6 Meter. We moved 6 months ago and it's disrupted everything hobby related. Once I finish the 6M I can then get going on my CJ.
Jan 10, 2018, 08:29 AM
Modeler/ Historian
My wonderful house has conspired to keep me away from my schooner! First I had to replace all the seals in the master bath toilet, and then snake the drain for the washing machine. I still have a window to replace as well! Argg! However, I am taking time this week to install winches and rudder servo. God willing and the river don't rise..... Pics as soon as I get there.
Jan 14, 2018, 11:00 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Don't rush it Steven and have regrets later. But looking foreword to seeing it just the same!
Went down to the San Diego Argonauts pond with Dick yesterday and tried the DF-95's...great group of sailors there....just did not want to put my boat in the salt water pond. Will get that Corriosion X stuff for next time.
Also got to sail a 5 servo boat of Lewis's that completely changes the ability of tuning a boat on the water....what a difference that makes. Tighten the back stay, trim the jib only, change the vang tension....all while sailing....kind of like going from a rudder/elevator only plane to a full flying DLG, or F3f plane.....whole new aspect!
Feb 01, 2018, 11:20 PM
Modeler/ Historian
Schooner Phoenix, named for my Wife Christina (new beginning ). Graphic for midships skylight. Example of similier hatch on my CJ “Shamrock 5”.
Feb 02, 2018, 06:33 AM

same crew

Hi, same crew will be working on mine also … :-)
best Matthias
Feb 02, 2018, 07:35 AM
Modeler/ Historian
Its too bad Tamiya no longer makes that crew kit. We are lucky to have got ours! Tonight I will be building up the deckhouses (hopefully) and next I will be setting up the masts/rig. I've got a beautiful paneled Genoa from Rod Carr, which I am itching to try out!
BTW, the wood work on your Atlantis is stunningly beautiful. We should all aspire to such work.

Quick Reply