Oct 31, 2017, 07:01 PM
Modeler/ Historian
Thread OP
I just ordered a new Genoa from Carr sails. Rod will be making it a multi panel. I've a feeling I will like it so much I will replace the entire suit. We'll see when she's back on the water...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2017, 11:19 PM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Can't wait to see what that looks like. Wish more boats had that set up...not sure why they don't if like you said it is not difficult to set them up that way.
Nov 02, 2017, 12:17 AM
Modeler/ Historian
Thread OP
I will post it up step by step. It really is easy , just gotta get the geometry right. I've done the trial and error before, now , with the re-build, it will come together easy. If one has done big ( real) boat sailing aboard just about any Bermuda rig sloop ( most have Genoa ) then my sheeting setup will be very logical. Anyway, back to the build. I've just done the new foc'sl with compass rose inlay. Pics to follow after glue cures, sanding , etc....
Nov 02, 2017, 04:05 PM
The Atlantis is looking great. I'll look forward to seeing it on the water!
Nov 02, 2017, 06:29 PM
Modeler/ Historian
Thread OP
Me too! LOL... Cant wait to see your steam boat Carl.
Nov 02, 2017, 08:12 PM
Modeler/ Historian
Thread OP
Foc'sl is done! Caprail will go on after paint and fittings. Deck is essentially done. A few Tung Oil treatments yet.
Nov 05, 2017, 09:21 AM
Suspended Account
Looking good there. Now what would a deck like that cost on a full size?
Nov 06, 2017, 07:17 AM
Modeler/ Historian
Thread OP
I imagine it would cost quite a bit. Too bad I'm not in the yacht deck business.
Nov 08, 2017, 03:46 PM
Modeler/ Historian
Thread OP
Caprail is done, no pic's until I get some paint on her.....
Nov 08, 2017, 07:06 PM
Kevin Gault
Looks amazing Stephen!!!

Kevin
Nov 09, 2017, 08:37 AM

looks very nice!
Matthias
Nov 10, 2017, 10:34 AM
Modeler/ Historian
Thread OP
Thanks Y'all... Now I'm itching to paint her. However, the weather doesn't want to cooperate. The gunwales are painted already in Krylon gloss Khaki, with Mahogany caprail and rubbing strake. The upper hull will be painted in Krylon gloss Ivory, and underhull will be Krylon brushed Copper. I like working with the Krylon paint as they go on smooth and cure quickly. I am able to color sand within a week... But First!! this cold and wet weather must go away... Lucky I live in West Texas, next week will be warm.
Nov 10, 2017, 09:41 PM
Modeler/ Historian
Thread OP

Caprail.

So, here's the pics so far. Of course the ivory paint will set off the khaki and Mahogany rails. Plus a nice thin copper stripe I think.
Nov 11, 2017, 10:00 PM
Modeler/ Historian
Thread OP
The question of Genoa has been posted. I will be posting details on how I rig such soon.
Nov 13, 2017, 02:51 PM
Suspended Account
Found a crew for it yet?

Quick Reply