Sep 06, 2017, 06:20 AM
KremerFPV
Thread OP
New Product

Eachine R051 OTG receiver - IOS Support

I have previously reviewed the Eachine ROTG01 and
one of the most popular questions was - Is iPhone supported?
Unfortunately, the answer is no, as the ROTG01 supports only Android, PC and MAC.
This issue is now resolved, as the new Eachine R051 is about to be released.
This OTG receiver has two modes - Android and IOS.
Hopefully I will be able to get it soon and test it out on my YouTube channel.
Product page: https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-R051-150CH-5_8G-FPV-AV-Recevier-Build-in-Bat-For-iPhone-Android-IOS-Smartphone-Mobile-Tablet-p-1196214.html

Eachine ROTG01 Review:
How To Do FPV On Your Pc - Eachine ROTG01 Review + PC Test (4 min 1 sec)

Name: eachineotg.jpg
Views: 87
Size: 58.9 KB
Description:

Eachine R051 Description (From Banggood):

Channel : 150CH
Freqency : 5645~5945
Receiving Sensitivity : -90dBm
Working Current : 350mA
Working Temp. : -10~60
Battery Capacity : 400mAH
Weight : 36g with antenna
Size : 55mm x 36mm x 15mm

Interface
1. Switch : Power ON/OFF
2. Channel Button : Switch and Search Channels
3. Toggle Switch : Support to switch IOS/Android smartphone
4. Micro USB Port : Connecting IOS/Android Smartphone
5. Antenna : 5.8G wireless signal input
6. Indicator : Blue LED represents IOS mode;Green LED represents Android mode;Red LED represents low battery and charging mode.

ON/OFF
1. Long press switch button for 3S : switch on(IOS Mode, blue LED on; Android Mode, green LED on)
2. Long press switch button for 3s : LED off, switch off.
3. If there is no device input, it will automatically turn off after 3 minutes.

Auto Search Setting
1. IOS/Android Mode : Long press the channel button for 3S, to enter into the auto search mode, Blue LED
(IOS)/Green LED(Android) flashes. After the auto search finished, LED is constant, and it will switch to the channel of strongest signal.
2. It will display the signal strength and frequency on smartphone while auto searching.
3. It can save the last channel setting.

Channel Setting
1. IOS/Android Mode : Each time you press the channel button ,the channel increases by 2MHz, Blue LED
(IOS)/Green LED(Android) flashes once.
2. It can save the last channel setting.

Battery Indicator
1. Red LED flashes slowly : Low battery, the receiver will switch off after it flashes about 3 minutes
2. There is a battery power icon on bottom right of smartphone, will flashes when it is in low battery.

Charging
1. It must be switched off while charging
2. While charging, red LED flashes; after charing finished, red LED shows constantly
3. After swithed off, please disconnect with smarphone. Because the android smarphone will charge it while it is off.

Note
1. The channel frequency, signal strength and dynamic diagram will not displayed untill you press or long press "searching button" to enter into the auto searching function. And these information will be hidden 10s later.

2. The icons of Channel frequency, signal strength and power will display constantly on bottom right of video, these information will refresh each 10s.

3. The connection of android and IOS mobiles are different, please check pictures on page.

Package Included
1 x Eachine R051 150CH Receiver
1 x USB A Female to Micro USB Male Cable
1 x SMA Antenna
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2017, 06:21 AM
KremerFPV
Thread OP
Eachine R051 Testing & Overview:

How To Turn Your iPhone Into An FPV Screen - Eachine R051 Testing & Overview (9 min 15 sec)
Last edited by kremerFPV; Apr 17, 2018 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Added review
Oct 25, 2017, 08:43 AM
My pre-order has just shipped from BangGood - can't wait to see what it's like! Hopefully the latency won't be too bad.
Oct 25, 2017, 09:19 AM
Mine just shipped also. Usually about 15 - 20 day shipping, once it is actually shipped.
Nov 07, 2017, 12:05 PM
anybody received this yet?
mine is suposto be on the way, but tracking is sketchy. who knows!
Nov 08, 2017, 03:29 AM
Mine's just arrived - will try and post some thoughts tomorrow!
Nov 08, 2017, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven49
Mine's just arrived - will try and post some thoughts tomorrow!
Are you using an iPhone?
Nov 08, 2017, 10:16 AM

not fit ios :-(

scanned code ios and download app UTOOLS for apple..but is no present internal this app, the ios EACHINE APP.
not work with apple only android...

pease help if have notice.
Nov 08, 2017, 01:53 PM
i hope there is an ios way for this to work. i only have iphone.
Nov 08, 2017, 02:35 PM
i think is China error fit ios or China fake.... is no present app for this rx in Apple store... i have buy for iphone but not work...not exist app ios for see video..
Nov 08, 2017, 04:11 PM
Mini Review!

The short answer - it works great on an iPhone 7 running iOS11!

It's pretty barebones - you get a small metal tin with the receiver, a generic 5.8ghz wifi-style antenna and a short USB micro male to USB A Female cable. There are no instructions whatsoever.

The unit itself is tiny, about the size of a box of matches. It has an SMA female connector, a small toggle to select between iOS and Android, two buttons (On/Off and Scan) and a normal micro-USB port.

A short press of the On/Off turns on the device. Simply plug in your own lightning cable into the provided USB adapter and connect it to your phone. I downloaded the app from the banggood website earlier today and as soon as I plugged in the receiver it prompted me to launch it. There was a Chinese dialogue asking me whether I wanted to update the firmware and then a simple screen with 'play' and 'help'. Pressing play launches the viewer. Switching through channels (based on frequency rather than bands) is done by clicking the scan button on the device itself. A long press causes it to scan (and plot rather nicely) all the frequencies available and then lock onto the strongest signal. The 'help' screen just gives you information on what each item does.

Image quality is okay and while there is a noticeable latency, it's not terrible. I don't have an accurate way of testing it but definitely less than half a second. You can take pictures (but not videos) and they are stored in your camera roll. You can also adjust the brightness and switch it to a binocular view for use with Google Cardboard type headsets. I can't test whether audio is transmitted or how it works on Android.

I wouldn't use it as your primary display, but it's ideal for sticking in your bag and allowing passengers/spectators to see what you see. Really handy!
Nov 08, 2017, 04:38 PM
Raven,

What app did you download from banggood? The uTools app from the App Store?
Nov 09, 2017, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfast
Raven,

What app did you download from banggood? The uTools app from the App Store?
Yep - that's the one! When you launch it you should see an 'Eachine' logo in the bottom left.

Tap that and you'll launch into the viewer.

Then click 'Play' and it will send you into the live view (or this placeholder if no device is detected).

Nov 09, 2017, 09:44 AM
The eachine app is not in uTools. I just downloaded it again, no eachine. Apparently my App Store and yours is different. There are different versions of uTools.
Nov 09, 2017, 09:53 AM
This is what I get

Quick Reply