Feb 19, 2018, 01:58 PM
JohnVHRC
Im in the US and interested, who has some? Olgol?
Latest blog entry: FMS Discount Codes! Click here!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2018, 02:16 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH
Im in the US and interested, who has some? Olgol?
John,
yes, I have a couple in stock at the moment.
$250 (carbon wings, std layup), shipping $35.
I will be setting up an ordering form for it, to gauge the interest in the USA and Canada, and then decide if I should order a larger batch...
Email me if you want to get one right away.
oleg.golovidov@gmail.com
Feb 19, 2018, 02:20 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Hawk pilots take 1st and 2nd planes in the 'unofficial world championship' among the 1m hand launch pilots.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=220

--
Feb 19, 2018, 04:30 PM
JohnVHRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
John,
yes, I have a couple in stock at the moment.
$250 (carbon wings, std layup), shipping $35.
I will be setting up an ordering form for it, to gauge the interest in the USA and Canada, and then decide if I should order a larger batch...
Email me if you want to get one right away.
oleg.golovidov@gmail.com
I like them, little out of my price range Thanks.
Latest blog entry: FMS Discount Codes! Click here!
Mar 02, 2018, 04:09 PM
Newest toy from Oleg, beautiful. Think I'm going to use push rods as I'm more comfortable than pull springs.
Mar 02, 2018, 06:57 PM
F3-RES model on the board, Don?
Mar 02, 2018, 09:59 PM
Ivo Plachy
Thinking about using BMS-101DMG in Hawk. Does enybody have an experience running it on single cell LiPo ?
Ivo
Mar 02, 2018, 10:21 PM
Dave, Peter Goldsmiths Opal
Mar 11, 2018, 03:30 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by itplachy
Thinking about using BMS-101DMG in Hawk. Does enybody have an experience running it on single cell LiPo ?
Ivo
They should work fine, but with less speed and torque.

Blue Bird BMS-101DMG - Operating Voltage 3.7V - 6.0V
Stall torque / Speed @ 3.8V 0.6 kg.cm / 0.11 s/60° 8 oz.in / 0.11 s/60°
Stall torque / Speed @ 4.8V 0.8 kg.cm / 0.09 s/60° 11 oz.in / 0.09 s/60°
Stall torque / Speed @ 6V 1.0 kg.cm / 0.07 s/60° 14 oz.in / 0.07 s/60°

Blue Bird BMS-101HV Servo - 6.0V to 8.5V
Stall torque (6V) 0.9 kg.cm 12 oz.in
Stall torque (7.4V) 1.1 kg.cm 15 oz.in
Mar 11, 2018, 06:58 PM
Ivo Plachy
Thank you for the info.
Ivo
Mar 18, 2018, 10:02 AM
Thread OP

Hawk 1m DLG - slope fun

Hawk 1m DLG - slope fun (4 min 47 sec)
Mar 18, 2018, 10:49 AM
Oleg Golovidov
I am happy to announce that I signed an agreement with High Quality models about distributing these beautiful high performance 1 meter models in the USA and Canada.

I truly believe that Hawk is one of the best, if not the best, 1 meter glider now in production. Both from the performance, quality, aesthetic points of view.

While I already have a couple kits in stock and available for sale, the first 'real' shipment of Hawks is still in the planning stages. If you think you want one, help me out and submit your order on my little web-page below. This will get you on the waiting list and will tell me how many models I should be asking for in the first shipment.

http://olgol.com/Hawk1m

--
Mar 19, 2018, 12:24 PM
Oleg Golovidov
White on black carbon looks nice despite it simplicity.
Pics from FB...

--
Mar 22, 2018, 03:00 PM
Thread OP

Servo tray

I 3D printed servo tray that would fit better and catch the curvature of the fuse, for better adhesion.
Apr 01, 2018, 06:44 AM
Team Falcon
Picked up one of these beauties from Oleg.

Nicely constructed.

Just finished the build. AUW 122g CG 46mm!! I need to figure out if this is going to be a problem. With some extra effort, I could shorten wires and maybe ditch servo connectors. I might save a couple of grams if I'm careful - hopefully it would result in moving the CG back some.

I used:

AR400 - must sand down the servo connectors by about 2mm to fit vertically in the fuse
400 mah lipo
BB A10S for Ailerons
BB BMS101 for tails - pull spring.
Flitz peg with carbon patch on top. May add patch on bottom if it doesn't feel strong during launch.

Must use epoxy or foam safe CA, foam is not Rohacell.

I believe there is enough room for a small ballast stick to be inserted past the rear-most servo. I'll get some small sinkers and give it a try. Will add a small balsa block to anchor the ballast stick.

Some notes:
1) included springs for tails are way overkill IMO, I bent up some softer ones which are plenty strong.
2) elevator horn is kinda wimpy. be careful handling
3) it is a tight fit up front with the gear I've chosen, might get away with 4 x BMS101 and save a little room.
4) If you plan to use a ballast stick, you will want to cut down the front wing bolt. It is a few mm too long and blocks the center of the fuse.

It is a good looking bird!

Jason

Quick Reply