I Passed the FAA Remote Pilot Knowledge Test with UAVGroundSchool.com - RC Groups

I Passed the FAA Remote Pilot Knowledge Test with UAVGroundSchool.com

UAV Ground School is a complete online training center that walks you through all the information required, tracks your progress and allows you to take quizzes and practice tests to make you feel confident in your ability to pass the FAA Remote Pilot Knowledge Test.

Splash

Pass Your Remote Pilot Drone Test - Guaranteed

If you, like many other hobbyists and photographers/videographers want to use a drone in the US national airspace for commercial use, you need to get your Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate. In order to do that, you need to pass a 60 question test (assuming you don't already have a pilot's license) at an FAA approved testing center. The information needed to study for that test can be daunting and it covers some very confusing topics like airspace, weather and even psychology. You might be putting the test off because it seems overwhelming and you are not sure where to start. That's where UAVGroundSchool.com comes in.

UAV Ground School is a complete online training center that walks you through all the information required, tracks your progress and allows you to take quizzes and practice tests to make you feel confident in your ability to pass the FAA Remote Pilot Knowledge Test. In fact, they are so confident in the training program, they put a guarantee on it. If you take every quiz, pass three or more practice final exams with a score of 90% or greater, pass the Final Exam with a score of 80% or greater and then fail the FAA test, they'll pay for your exam. They have a 100% pass rate thus far, so don't expect to need that!

Why UAVGroundSchool.com

UAV Ground School and partner Gold Seal has been doing online pilot training for longer than anyone. They know the ins and outs of the FAA, how they operate, and what is on the Remote Pilot Knowledge Test. As rules, regulations, or test questions change, the online training program is updated to reflect the changes. Since the course is online, it never gets outdated. There is no better way to study and pass your FAA remote pilot knowledge exam. How do I know this? I passed the exam myself using this training program. As a certified remote pilot, you'll need to re-take a knowledge exam every two years, but don't worry, you get lifetime access to UAVGroundSchool when you purchase the training. You can log on to study and brush up on the materials as often as you like. The ground school program can be used individually, or for companies that need to train and pass multiple pilots, there are provisions for students to automatically send quiz results to their instructors via email.

How it Works

When you log into your account at UAV Ground School you are greeted with a main page that shows 4 sections of lessons, a link to the practice quizzes, a status page, a blog page, the final exam, and a printable certificate once you complete the course. There's a natural linear progression to the sections and lessons and while you don't have to complete them in order, you probably should. Section 1 has 7 lessons, Section 2 has 7, Section 3 has 9 and Section 4 has 5.

When you click into a section you'll see a paragraph about the contents and below that you'll see the list of lesson modules. To the left of each lesson name is a box and a circle. The boxes are empty at first and after you view a lesson, a checkmark will show in the box to indicate that you've viewed that lesson. The circle is used as a personal progress bar for each lesson. When you mark the lesson as Complete, the circle fills up with green. If you mark it as Needs Some Review, then the circle fills up to 75%. If you mark it as Needs Lots of Review, the circle will show as 25% filled. It's an easy way to look back and find the lessons that you felt you needed to spend more time studying.

When you click into a lesson you'll see some info about the lesson and what it covers, a place where you can keep notes and mark your progress as well as a resource section. The resource section will have PDF's and forms that you can view if you like as well as quizzes for the lesson when available. To get started with the lesson you just click the blue View Lesson button. When viewing a lesson, sometimes it will just be a video and other times there is a more detailed video module where you'll be guided through the material. When you've finished with the lesson you can return to the main lesson page and either study the supplemental material provided or take a quiz, not all lessons have quizzes.

The quizzes are super helpful for studying and before taking a quiz, you can see the questions/answers using the Flash Card feature. The Flash Cards show you the questions from the quiz and you can click to the show the answer as well as an explanation of the answer. Once you feel ready, you can take the quiz. Any missed questions during a quiz results in a popup box showing you what the correct answer was. At the end of the quiz, it will grade and show you your score. From there you can retake the quiz or return back to the lesson or main menus.

At anytime, from the main menu, you can click the My Status button to see where you are overall. That status page shows every section and lesson, quiz results, last time visited for each section as well as practise and final exam results. It's an easy way to see your total progress and where you need to focus your attention for further study. The Practice Quizzes button takes you to a page with a list of quizzes from all the lessons. You can see results from any you've taken and quickly take any quiz from here. At the top right of the page is a button to take a Practice Final. The Practice Final is a 50 question test with questions given at random from the entire bank of test questions. During this test, you won't see when you answer incorrectly until the end when the test is graded. You can take a practise final as many times and as often as you like. I took 9 practice tests during my time with the course.

If you'd like to get your Certificate of Ground School Completion, you'll need to take and pass the Final Exam. It's a 50 question test just like the Practice Final, but in order to pass and get the certificate, you need to score 80% or higher. The Final Exam can be taken multiple times, but you can only take it once in a 24 hour period. Pass the Final Exam and you'll be able to download and print off your completion certificate.

Next Steps

So you've taken the course and passed the final and feel ready to go take the official FAA Remote Pilot Knowledge Test. If you need help figuring out what to do next, just click the FAQ section at the top of the Ground School page and you'll find info there. I enrolled in the course on August 18th and took my time studying and didn't rush it at all. After going through the course and passing several practice tests and the Final Exam, I felt ready and scheduled my FAA exam. On September 1st I went in and passed with a 93% score, only missing 4 questions. That's above average and it's all thanks to UAVGroundSchool.com.

The information provided was well presented and explained in a way that non-pilots can understand. They do a great job of helping you understand subjects that can be very confusing and complicated. I honestly don't know how they could have done a better job and my test results prove that.

Link

Check out the UAV Ground School here

Save $50 on the UAV Ground School Course by using Coupon Code: RCG

Sep 07, 2017, 10:05 AM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
I have to check them out!
Sep 07, 2017, 01:59 PM
My daughter has to get licensed for her new job, so I've passed the link along.

Thanks!
Sep 07, 2017, 02:41 PM
RCG Admin
Good luck to her! That's cool that she has a job that requires it. Fun stuff!
Sep 07, 2017, 03:02 PM

Well done

Well done Jason,
Your score was fantastic and I know that if you have not been immersed in this kind of information it can be tough.
I have been told the industry standard is 83 so you should be really happy!

Hopefully you got everything loaded into IARCA ok and have your temp 107. That temp is all you need with the hard card taking between 30 and 60 days as long as you pass the TSA background check...........Did you use your real name, you know those photos of you at "The Bruce" will show up? Whoops, that is another story ;-)

Congrats!
Sep 07, 2017, 03:18 PM
WJH
WJH
Being that I am already licensed ATP, I took the FAA exam that's online, and had one of my CFI friends sign off the Iacra. Took all but two hours
Sep 07, 2017, 03:49 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlav8r
Well done Jason,
Your score was fantastic and I know that if you have not been immersed in this kind of information it can be tough.
I have been told the industry standard is 83 so you should be really happy!

Hopefully you got everything loaded into IARCA ok and have your temp 107. That temp is all you need with the hard card taking between 30 and 60 days as long as you pass the TSA background check...........Did you use your real name, you know those photos of you at "The Bruce" will show up? Whoops, that is another story ;-)

Congrats!
Thanks Cliff! Got my Temp Certificate via email today. LOL, yeah what happens at The Bruce never stays at The Bruce...
Sep 07, 2017, 06:55 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Congrats, Jason! This is something I've considered for a long time and I may take the plunge sooner than later.
Sep 07, 2017, 08:22 PM
RCG Admin
Do it. It's easier than you think with the right training.
Sep 08, 2017, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Good luck to her! That's cool that she has a job that requires it. Fun stuff!
She is a leasing manager for houses and apartments. Her boss at the new job had already bought a drone to take photos and videos of properties. I asked who was going to get certified to stay legal. So now, it's going to be her.