Force RC Bare Bear PNP, 880mm - RC Groups
Sep 05, 2017, 03:32 PM
Too many? No such thing.
Discussion

Force RC Bare Bear PNP, 880mm

It looks a lot like my E-Flite Rare Bear, but naked. It is a Bare Bear! I wonder it the parts fit the E-flite model? From the page...

Key Features

Capable of 100+ MPH* flight speeds
Two-piece, plug-in wing and stabilizer with carbon-fiber joiner tubes
Powerful 15-Size, 1200Kv brushless motor (installed)
70-amp, switch-mode BEC, brushless ESC (installed)
Scale spinner with reinforced two-blade propeller (included)
(4) 16-gram metal-gear servos (installed)
Durable, lightweight EPO foam construction
Multi-color decal sheet included makes adding a custom trim scheme easy
Needed to Complete
Full-range, 4+ channel transmitter
Full-range, 4+ channel receiver
3300–4000mAh 4S 14.8V LiPo flight battery
Suitable Charger
What's in the box?
(1) Force RC Bare Bear PNP Airplane
(1) E-flite 15-Size, 1200Kv Brushless Motor
(1) E-flite 70-amp, Switch-mode BEC, Brushless ESC
(4) Spektrum 16-gram Metal Gear Servos
(1) User Manual

Overview

The Force RC® Bare Bear™ radio control airplane delivers an exhilarating flight experience capable of 100+ MPH*, right out of the box. Like the full-size, this model has been outfitted with an oversize power system that's been highly-tuned, and all unnecessary airframe weight has been trimmed. This synergy maximizes high-speed thrills without sacrificing control handling that's super-friendly. The all-white airframe features lightweight construction with durable EPO foam. A multi-color decal sheet included makes adding you own custom look easy. Whether you're an experienced racing pilot or an intermediate sport pilot who wants an incredible high-speed experience, the Force RC Bare Bear is a pure blast.

*Average straight-line speed of pre-production model with recommended battery. Actual speed may vary.

Power System

The pre-installed brushless outrunner and 70-amp brushless ESC installed are matched to deliver 100+ MPH* flight speeds with the recommended 4S 14.8V 3300mAh 50C Li-Po battery.

Strong and Light

Specially reinforced EPO construction makes it possible to replicate complex airframe detail and maintain rigidity while keeping flying weight low. Built into the structure is a scuff plate that helps protect the airframe during a belly-landing.

Metal-Gear Servos

Factory installed 16-gram metal-gear micro servos deliver durability that's smooth so you get the control authority a high-performance racer deserves.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/force-bare-bear-fcef020001

Thread for the original E-Flite Rare Bear: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...logy-BNF-Basic
Last edited by Micubano; Sep 07, 2017 at 09:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2017, 04:25 PM
The specs look to be the same, biggest difference that I see is EPO foam vs Carbon-Z foam. Motor specs look the same and the ESC even says E Flite. For me, this is good news as my Bear bit the dust recently.

R
Sep 05, 2017, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imodel
biggest difference that I see is EPO foam vs Carbon-Z foam
I think that Elapor/Carbon-Z/etc are just tradenames for EPO. (Lexan is a GE trademark for a polycarbonate plastic for example.)

Wonder if they lost the rights (or didn't want to keep paying royalties) for the Rare Bear paint scheme.
Sep 06, 2017, 08:22 AM
Either way nice�� glade to see a nice plane back up in the line up
Sep 06, 2017, 11:13 AM
It's the exact same plane without paint. Seems like fms was always making planes for horizon private labeling it eflite. I'm guessing they had many rare bears left over so they bring them out at a lower price point leaving out the as3x receiver and paint. I wonder how it's going to hand launch without the self leveling ability.
Sep 06, 2017, 12:20 PM
So Cal RULES
eflite had some planes made at FMS. The Rare Bear never had self leveling, just AS3X. Easy enough to put an AS3X rx in this one.
Sep 07, 2017, 11:11 AM
does anyone have the setup for the as3x that we could use if we wanna put one in
Sep 07, 2017, 11:21 AM
Too many? No such thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatrdt
does anyone have the setup for the as3x that we could use if we wanna put one in
I think I found them at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=105. A person further in the thread confirms that these are the factory settings for the original Rare Bear.
Latest blog entry: Days are getting really short
Sep 07, 2017, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkorey
It's the exact same plane without paint. Seems like fms was always making planes for horizon private labeling it eflite. I'm guessing they had many rare bears left over so they bring them out at a lower price point leaving out the as3x receiver and paint. I wonder how it's going to hand launch without the self leveling ability.

Just fine, like my RB. I hated the AS3X receiver... Yanked it out and put in a normal one. Ultimately, AS3X IMO is completely useless, unless you're a newb and need the psychological crutch. Nothing against newbs.

I think it's awesome to see this plane re-released naked, so people can paint it however they want. So many cool possibilities… For me I would like a Russian gray, with big red stars, and a white and red checked cowling, Ala an LA-7. Or maybe military camouflage or grey with American markings, or maybe a blue Angel, or maybe …, well, whatever floats your boat.
Sep 07, 2017, 12:57 PM
Too many? No such thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Just fine, like my RB. I hated the AS3X receiver... Yanked it out and put in a normal one. Ultimately, AS3X IMO is completely useless, unless you're a newb and need the psychological crutch. Nothing against newbs.
From https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=181167

JT - Some pilots say a gyro is a crutch. What would you say is a good reason to use a gyro?

QQ - I really like your question. I'm a 3D guy and I know some pilots consider a gyro cheating. My own personal thinking on this is that using a gyro takes flying to the next level. So it doesn't matter what skill level pilot you are. From a beginner to an expert, a gyro will make you a better pilot. A gyro is not an auto pilot. It isn't flying the plane for you. You still have to move the sticks. A gyro will move you to the next level. It will make mini corrections for you. It supports your flying. A good example of this is when I was flying helicopters in the 1980's. We didn't use any gyros in those days. Flying inverted without a gyro was very difficult. Very few people could do it. When gyros entered the heli world more people were able to get involved. Helis grew and the aerobatics we see today were born. Look at what they are doing today with helis. Look at what is happening now with quadcopters. It is all an evolution from the use of the gyro. I think fixed wing craft are next for this evolution. I'm convinced about this and this is why the Aura 8 is now on the market. Everything progresses and everything gets better. No matter what level you are you will fly better. What is the end result? It pushes the flight envelope for the whole group. It opens the door for the next level of flight. -QuiQue Somenzini
Sep 07, 2017, 01:05 PM
I have zero interest in 3D... Apples and oranges type of planeto the Rare/Bare Bear.

AS3X accomplishes nothing on this plane. Maybe if you want to fly on a really windy day...

Removing AS3X from mine was a relief. Now I can fly it all by myself. Plus I don't have to fiddle with it. Good riddens.
Sep 07, 2017, 02:25 PM
Too many? No such thing.
Quote:
I have zero interest in 3D... Apples and oranges type of planeto the Rare/Bare Bear.

AS3X accomplishes nothing on this plane. Maybe if you want to fly on a really windy day...

Removing AS3X from mine was a relief. Now I can fly it all by myself. Plus I don't have to fiddle with it. Good riddens.
But you weren't talking about a plane, you were talking about AS3X in general and saying it is for beginners and a crutch, so I was comparing an apple to the same apple. If you don't like AS3X, good for you. Just because you don't appreciate AS3X doesn't make it a crutch for beginners or something bad. That's sour grapes and an ignorant opinion. So far we know that you don't want to learn how to "fiddle" with it. What has AS3X done to you that you can't just say "I don't like using it" and have to say that people who do use it must be new to the hobby or need the non-existent help?

I've let people who have been flying longer than I have been alive take up some of my AS3X planes stock and the only thing they ever tell me is how smooth the ride is. Putting stabilization on airplanes like putting better shocks on a car. It does nothing more than that.
Sep 07, 2017, 02:31 PM
Doesn't apply to the RB IMO. Mine was wiggling all over, and I sure as heck was not going to buy some stupid overpriced cable to make adjustments. It is a typical Horizon Hobby plane and flies very forgivingly For the RB in my honest opinion AS3X contributes virtually nothing.. Except a higher price and higher hassle factor.

All the more reason to welcome this new offering. A lower price, and no unnecessary gimmicks…
Sep 07, 2017, 03:59 PM
Too many? No such thing.
Quote:
Doesn't apply to the RB IMO. Mine was wiggling all over, and I sure as heck was not going to buy some stupid overpriced cable to make adjustments. It is a typical Horizon Hobby plane and flies very forgivingly For the RB in my honest opinion AS3X contributes virtually nothing.. Except a higher price and higher hassle factor.
OK, thank you for the clarification. Your RX sounds like the were set to high at the factory. I've been reading about that happening in a few threads. Not sure what TX you have, but I know some support relative gains where you can dial it down from the TX with out using a cable. I agree about the RB not needing it as well as the CZ Cub and CZ Cessna. When you are going that big or fast, you really don't notice the minor adjustments.

For my PNP and ARF planes, I do use the cheapest reliable RXs I can get my hands on and none of them have AS3X because individually they are twice the price. Even the OrangeRX ones are like that. In BNF planes I don't think it matters. Take the BNF AS3X RX out, sell it for $50 in the RG classifieds, and buy a $10 Orange RX. That's $40 that you pocket. Considering the price difference between BNF and PNP is usually about $30, the BNF are usually a better value. For people who like to tweak the RX, it's a great value. If HH used an AR610 instead, I don't think the price would go down. Plus they want pilots to say the flight is smooth like it is on rails even in the wind and AS3X does that.

I was out with 5 planes in 17 to 20 MPH winds Monday. 4 without AS3X and 1 with. The one with was the most fun because I wasn't worrying. The CZ-Scimitar, like the Rare Bear, does not care about wind.
Sep 08, 2017, 12:42 AM
It was a very pleasant surprise when a guy at the field offered me €45 for the AS3X receiver out of my RB....