Nov 05, 2004, 10:53 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP

Newsweek, after the fact...

I thought some of this was very interesting, and in a way I'm not shocked I never heard about it before the election....

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041104/nyth186_1.html

"I can't believe I'm loosing to this idiot." Kerry

On Kerry wanting McCain as VP:

"To show just how sincere he was, he made an outlandish offer," Newsweek's Thomas reports. "If McCain said yes he would expand the role of vice president to include secretary of Defense and the overall control of foreign policy. McCain exclaimed, 'You're out of your mind. I don't even know if it's constitutional, and it certainly wouldn't sell.'" Kerry was thwarted and furious. "Why the f--- didn't he take it? After what the Bush people did to him...'"
Nov 05, 2004, 01:46 PM
Live to fly, fly to live!
Great post Arbo. I predict as the next few weeks unfold, there will be more of this stuff pouring out of the more liberal news organizations.

In my opinion, the reason for letting this stuff go at this time is to jump on the Bush bandwagon and diminish the public perception of them as liberal and unobjective.

Having said that, I can imagine the next few responses will be about how there is no liberal bias in the mainstream media, it's just our imagination.
Nov 05, 2004, 01:54 PM
Out of Time
I have a different take on that.

The Liberals absolutely REFUSE to believe that they lost this election because of their policies, values, and agenda. So what you're seeing is the beginning of Libs across the country blaming Kerry for the loss instead of their losing because of what they stand for.

This looks pretty SOP to me.

Highflight
Nov 05, 2004, 07:22 PM
Registered Snoozer
I heard that Newsweek got exclusive access to the "inside" story of both campaigns on condition that they not release the stories until after the election.

Neil
Nov 06, 2004, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo
"I can't believe I'm loosing to this idiot." Kerry
"I can't believe we lost to this idiot." Terry

Quick Reply