Tamiya Volkswagen Beetle Rally - MF-01X

The MF-01X is a shaft-driven 4wd chassis with dependable performance. It's now being offered with a body that recreates the equally dependable Volkswagen Beetle!

Volkswagen Beetle Rally - MF-01X

A New Look For the Proven MF-01X

The Tamiya MF-01X chassis isn't built for high speed or performance, yet has a cult following of sorts. With it's limited suspension travel, short wheelbase and even shorter track, the MF-01X is suited for semi-scale off-roading adventures that require technical driving rather than using a handful of throttle to overcome obstacles. This makes the classic VW Beetle body a perfect fit for the MF-01X. The all new Tamiya Volkswagen Beetle Rally - MF-01X will sell for around $132 and is scheduled for availability in late September.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Tamiya Volkswagen Beetle Rally - MF-01X

MF-01X Features:

• 1/10 scale 4WD assembly kit
  • Gear type differential
  • Fully independent double wishbone suspension
  • Bell-crank steering
  • Friction damper shocks
  • Polycarbonate body
  • TBLE-02S ESC
  • 540-size brushed motor
  • Adjustable ground clearance, gear ratio, wheelbase, and front toe angle

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Sep 05, 2017 at 12:09 PM..
Sep 05, 2017, 01:18 PM
DFS#000178
That looks ridiculously fun. And I love that they put it on a legitimate rear-motor platform.

I'd probably pull the driveshaft out and convert it to rear-drive only, though.

The tamiya M-chassis have always been a lot of fun and generally they're a great value. I always recommend them to newcomers. I'd rather see someone build their first car so they have a basic understanding of how it works, and with these M-chassis you can generally do the kit+radio+1 servo+battery/charger for +-$200.

I like it. Though I also like the Jimmy body on the same chassis. I also like the new M-07...

Anyone that's interested in one of these, or any of the more obscure Tamiya chassis--particularly the mini 1/10th stuff should check out RCMart. They seem to cater more to the obscure things that aren't popular here but are hugely popular in Japan. Tamiya M-chassis, drift cars, etc. Tons and tons and TONS of bodies, hop-ups and accessories you'll never find here.
Sep 05, 2017, 03:43 PM
AKA: Stride
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
That looks ridiculously fun. And I love that they put it on a legitimate rear-motor platform. I'd probably pull the driveshaft out and convert it to rear-drive only, though.
you just described the M-06, which tamiya should have put this body on instead. shame.
Sep 05, 2017, 06:54 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by BardsDirge
you just described the M-06, which tamiya should have put this body on instead. shame.
They had a Bug body on the M-06, didn't they?

M-06 is a sweet chassis too.
Sep 05, 2017, 10:25 PM
Site Aspie
It's probably going to be pretty demanding to drive that thing 2WD on off road surfaces with those tires.
Sep 06, 2017, 12:59 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxman
It's probably going to be pretty demanding to drive that thing 2WD on off road surfaces with those tires.
Challenge accepted!

Imagine the challenge of driving the real thing. Rear-engine, rear-drive, no power steering, power brakes, stability control, traction control..

Must've been an absolute riot.
Sep 10, 2017, 09:10 PM
Pretty much got all the M chassis Tamiya build and by far the best RC chassis ever, i dont care to much for the expensive high end TRF crap.. the M chassis is where the fun is!!!
Sep 11, 2017, 08:16 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Here's an updated photo of the Tamiya Beetle Rally. Pretty sharp!
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Sep 13, 2017, 02:11 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Body looks amazing.
Sep 09, 2019, 08:12 PM
RC is great fun!
Bearing kit.
https://www.fasteddybearings.com/tam...d-bearing-kit/
Sep 09, 2019, 08:14 PM
RC is great fun!
Some videos:
Tamiya Rally Beetle Review - Velocity RC Cars Magazine (4 min 51 sec)

Tamiya MF-01X Beetle Rally (2 min 43 sec)

Quick Reply