Feb 05, 2005, 05:02 PM
Never enough planes

Magpie....

Finally here is my Magpie...
found this wierd ultracoat at the LHS no one else would buy it.. ... built it as a trainer for my wife and daughter....I thought it would look more fem...... It accually looks quite nice and I get comments even from the "men"....
stock gws 350.... flies very nice.. I am happy..... note the battery position.
sorry bout the model..... . wife wouldn't do it..... also wouldn't let me look for another.... .. oh well makes the Magpie look real good
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2005, 06:34 PM
Perfecting pilot error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Charmer
found this wierd ultracoat at the LHS no one else would buy it..
I've eyed the same goofy polka-dot Ultracoat at my LHS and tried to figure out how the heck I could incorporate it into a 'regular' covering job. It's probably not their hottest seller, but I kinda like the whole plane done in it. Unique if nothing else.

Louis
Feb 05, 2005, 06:39 PM
Perfecting pilot error
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulcet
you can see I have my first MM pilot
I dig the Shrek pilot. The wife and I took a trip to a few toy stores looking for figures to use as pilots in future planes, and I think I remember seeing the whole of that one for sale.

What kind of spinner is that?

Louis
Feb 05, 2005, 10:36 PM
Honorable native of Kekistan

Trimming the Switchback...

Thanks for the compliments on my SB,I have to finish with some sort of trim pattern,I was thinking maybe a sunburst or leading edge color to really set it off....you like Shrek,huh..??It was the top of a liquid candy container I found at Toys-R-Us,real cheap hollow plastic & very light...and the spinner was purchased here on the Ezone 'for sale' forum.Vendor named Jerzy,very nice workmanship and well worth the $$...minor fitting may be required.I was thinking this SB should really perform at this weight with the AXI/34 and 11X4.7 prop.I might not even program the Phoenix 10 for advanced timing...I don't think it needs the extra power and it would extend the flight times a few more minutes.Lets see now....14 ozs. AUW and about 28-30 ozs. of thrust...this is gonna be something to see....
Last edited by dulcet; Dec 13, 2005 at 08:58 PM.
Feb 05, 2005, 11:10 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
This is my Mountain Models Boomer EX2 Discus Launched Glider. Lots of fun!

It isn't a parkflyer, but it is a mountain models kit!
Feb 06, 2005, 04:10 PM
R/C Enthusiast
Switchback 1, 2, and 3
Feb 06, 2005, 08:01 PM
My Switchback & SmoothE.
Feb 08, 2005, 09:26 PM
Never enough planes
aeajr, I do not see that glider on MM site...... cool design
Feb 08, 2005, 09:34 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
it does not have its own page yet. They said they are redoing the site so the Boomer won't have its own page. You can only find it listed on this page.

http://www.mountainmodels.com/order_planes.php

Build Thread:
This thread is located at:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&goto=newpost

Build Thread
This thread is located at:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&goto=newpost
Mar 25, 2005, 02:54 AM
Master of all villainy

great magpie, flies so amazingly

I Love This Plane!!
Mar 25, 2005, 07:47 AM
Just finished this Mini-Flash - maiden this weekend hopefully.

Built the Magpie for my kids to fly - this is an impressive trainer airplane - shown here with the Sport wing - also have the regular wing

Mar 25, 2005, 07:49 AM
Here's my MM P-38.

-James.
Mar 25, 2005, 08:37 AM
Never enough planes
WolfeWind.....crossj_2002.... Nice Magpies..... It has replaced my Slow Stick almost completely.... I am able to fly it in quite a bit of wind as well.... amazing plane!
Mar 25, 2005, 10:01 AM
idk
Not covered yet, just got it yesterday.
Mar 25, 2005, 07:34 PM

My Smoothe

Personally,

I really feel fortunate to have stumbled across Mountain Model products at my LHS. I've purchased and built the Smoothe and my brother has built the Dandy GT. We've both had a blast with them.

Quick Reply