Identify the hull and advise the config - RC Groups
Sep 05, 2017, 09:43 AM
Discussion

Identify the hull and advise the config

Hi,
I'd like to ask some advise about the hull on the pictures. This is my first "practice boat" as i built only airplanes yet.
The hull itself is about 70cm long and 22cm wide.
I'd like to build something with moderate power and sometimes give it to kids as well but powerful enough to come home in windy/wavy conditions.
Based on 3S lipo setup as i have those.
What could be the recommended motor prop combo for this setup?
Where should i place the propeller? Under or after the hull below the waterline?
Where should i place the rudder? (probably based on the previous question)
Is CG at about 1/3 to back would be fine? What are the most important points to tune this?
Thank you for any advice in advance
Andras
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2017, 09:45 PM
Andras

Your question would fit better here: https://www.rcgroups.com/dock-talk-56/
Its a displacement hull so a submerged prop+rudder would be best, with 3S Lipo a low Kv motor would be enough.