This thread is privately moderated by rclad, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 04, 2017, 04:31 PM
"I will return" Federico
Thread OP
Discussion

Blowin' in the Wind

I just touched down less than an hour ago, after waiting for a lull in the wind. The forecast initially said winds up to 16 mph. OK, no problem. It's always good to get some IMAC practice in less than ideal conditions, since the weather can be equally bad on contest days.

After taking off I immediately ran into turbulent air. It tossed my big Extra around like a plaything. I had to nose into the wind hard to maintain a vertical up line. As I slowed to a stop for the hammerhead the plane drifted about a hundred feet downwind. It was a wild ride!

After landing the weather report said winds were 16 gusting to 24. I was lucky to get this bird safely back on the ground. (I can't imagine what living through Hurricane Harvey was like. It's hard to appreciate good weather until you're stuck in the bad.)

I waited two hours for the winds to calm down a bit before making a second flight, then called it a day.

Windy Day at AirMasters RC Field (0 min 15 sec)
Last edited by rclad; Sep 05, 2017 at 10:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply